Jessica represents clients in asset acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, exchanges, debt and equity financing transactions, commercial contracts, and other corporate matters. She has served as lead transactional counsel for buyers and sellers and negotiated, drafted, and closed hundreds of transactions ranging in price and complexity. She represents a wide range of clients across various industries, including media, government contracts and technology. In addition, Jessica has an expertise in broadcast transactions and broad experience in tower sales and leasing matters for a variety of clients. She also is experienced in drafting and negotiating subcontracts and teaming agreements and other agreements for government contractors.
- Lead transactional counsel for a national radio broadcaster in dozens of complex acquisitions and divestitures, ranging from $254 million to less than $100,000 transactions.
- Lead transactional counsel for a national radio broadcaster in its first lien and subordinated lien credit facilities totaling over $402 million and in multiple rounds of debt, warrants and equity arrangements.
- Lead transactional counsel for an investor group negotiating a term loan in connection with its acquisition of a government contractor, the operating agreement among the equity investors, and various ancillary agreements on the debt and equity side.
- Transactional counsel in the sale of an analytics company heavily focused on the government contracts sector for $50 million.
- Lead corporate counsel negotiating agreements for a consulting business which includes a range of research and advisory services for a variety of types of customers.
- Lead transactional counsel on the sale of a company holding medical device patents for $30 million.
- Extensive experience drafting, negotiating, and structuring a variety of complex agreements, including asset and stock purchase agreements, exchange agreements, credit agreements and security documents, strategic combinations, local marketing agreements, facility and service sharing agreements, programming and content agreements, channel sharing agreements, limited liability company agreements, services and consulting agreements, subcontract agreements, real property leases, and a myriad of other commercial contracts.
- Lead transactional counsel in the sale of 200 broadcast towers and related assets to a national tower company, including negotiating leaseback and use arrangements.
- Lead transactional counsel representing a national tower company in the acquisition of various towers and owned and leased tower sites, as well as related leaseback arrangements.
- Lead transactional counsel for a non-commercial broadcaster in a venture to combine operations with another non-commercial broadcaster to establish a multi-platform public media organization to enhance operations.
- Lead transactional counsel representing a producer and distributor of plant protection products to negotiate a $25 million credit facility with a national bank.
- Transactional counsel for a global media company in the divestiture of more than 450 radio stations in multiple transactions and in its acquisition of a traffic business unit from a national content provider, with purchase prices ranging from several hundred million dollars to less than $100,000.
- Transactional counsel for a media company in its sale of 16 TV stations for $1.5 billion to seven separate buyers.
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Prior Co-Chair, Transactional Committee
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Included in The Best Lawyers of America directory for Media Law (2024)
- Named on Radio+Television Business Report’s (RBR+TVBR) inaugural list of “Top 10 Communications Attorneys” (2019)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US in Telecom and Broadcast: Transactional (2018, 2019, 2022-2023)
J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., with honors, Tufts University
Member, The George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
Related News & Insights
- Press Release64 Wiley Attorneys Recognized in 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 17, 2023
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 51 Wiley Lawyers and Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 9, 2023
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 52 Wiley Lawyers and Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 13, 2022
- Press ReleaseWiley Represents Spanish Broadcasting System in Acquiring Two Florida Radio StationsMay 17, 2022