Jack represents clients on international trade issues, such as export controls, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), antidumping and countervailing duty remedies, and 337 investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC).
- Counsels clients on export control issues, as they relate to national security, foreign policy, economic sanctions, and compliance matters, before the Departments of State, Defense, Commerce, and Treasury.
- Advises clients on FCPA matters, including internal audits and investigations, compliance programs, and acquisition due diligence.
- Represents clients in novel 337 actions before the USITC.
- Represents clients in complex antidumping and countervailing duty investigations before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the USITC, the U.S. Court of International Trade, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Society of International Affairs (SIA)
- Listed by Chambers Global as one of the "Leaders in Their Field" for his work in Export Controls & Economic Sanctions (2020-2021)
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" (2007) and as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in International Trade: Export Controls & Economic Sanctions (2019-2022)
- Recognized by Chambers Global as a "figure of considerable stature in the context of Section 337 proceedings" (2008)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US in International Trade (2013-2018, 2020-2022)
- BV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's high to very high ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, Bucknell University
Editor, Law and Policy in International Business
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia and Federal Circuits
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Maryland Court of Appeals
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Secures Victory for U.S. Steel Makers, Helping Persuade ITC to Extend Trade Relief on Rebar from Japan, Taiwan, and TurkeyJanuary 23, 2023
- AlertOFAC Streamlines Humanitarian General Licenses Across Sanctions ProgramsHon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Lori E. Scheetz, John R. Shane, Paul J. CoyleDecember 22, 2022
- AlertU.S. Commerce Department Adds Dozens of High-Tech Chinese Companies to Entity ListHon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Lori E. Scheetz, John R. Shane, Paul J. Coyle, Nicole C. HagerDecember 19, 2022
- EventAn Update on Sanctions and Export Controls: Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine2022 Wiley National Security SeriesNovember 17, 2022