Jack represents clients on international trade issues, such as export controls, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), antidumping and countervailing duty remedies, and 337 investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC).
- Counsels clients on export control issues, as they relate to national security, foreign policy, economic sanctions, and compliance matters, before the Departments of State, Defense, Commerce, and Treasury.
- Advises clients on FCPA matters, including internal audits and investigations, compliance programs, and acquisition due diligence.
- Represents clients in novel 337 actions before the USITC.
- Represents clients in complex antidumping and countervailing duty investigations before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the USITC, the U.S. Court of International Trade, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Society of International Affairs (SIA)
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" (2007) and as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in International Trade: Trade Remedies & Trade Policy (2019)
- Recognized by Chambers Global as a "figure of considerable stature in the context of Section 337 proceedings" (2008)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in International Trade (2013-2018)
- BV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's high to very high ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, Bucknell University
Editor, Law and Policy in International Business
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Maryland Court of Appeals
Related News & Insights
- AlertNew U.S. Sanctions Target Steel, Aluminum, and Other Key Sectors of the Iranian EconomyJack R. Shane, Lori E. ScheetzJanuary 14, 2020
- AlertU.S. State Department Opens the Door to Use Encryption Carve-Out to Send and Store ITAR DataDaniel B. Pickard, Jack R. Shane, Lori E. Scheetz, Michael D. FaucetteDecember 27, 2019
- AlertTrump Administration Further Extends Huawei Temporary General LicenseMegan L. Brown, Jack R. Shane, Lori E. Scheetz, Daniel P. BrooksNovember 18, 2019
- AlertTrump Administration Lifts Sanctions on TurkeyJack R. Shane, Lori E. ScheetzOctober 23, 2019