George counsels and represents government contractors on a broad range of government contracting issues, including contract claims and disputes, bid protests, internal investigations, and cost allowability matters. A certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, George uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Prosecutes and defends bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), and before the Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Hearings and Appeals.
- Counsels government contractors on compliance with SBA regulations, including size standards and affiliation, mentor-protégé agreements and joint ventures, and women-owned, veteran-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned, 8(a), and HUBZone program requirements.
- Counsels government contractors on compliance with mandatory disclosure obligations, incurred cost submissions, and other government reporting requirements.
- Represents companies and individuals in connection with procurement fraud and other civil and criminal fraud allegations and issues, including conducting internal investigations and preparing Mandatory and Voluntary Disclosures.
- Counsels government contractors on compliance with federal and state False Claims Acts, conflict of interest rules, and other ethics requirements.
- Participates in merger and acquisition due diligence reviews, advising clients on government contracts issues and risks.
- Counsels government contractors regarding claims and disputes, including claims under the Contracts Disputes Act (CDA).
- Represents government contractors in drafting and negotiating teaming and subcontracting agreements and in prime-subcontractor disputes.
- Assisted numerous clients with issues arising under the Service Contract act (SCA) including assessment of coverage and related counseling, and representation in connection with Department of Labor SCA compliance audits and compliance with SCA fringe benefit requirements.
- Research Assistant, The George Washington University Law School, Associate Dean Daniel I. Gordon (2013)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Division of Enforcement (2012)
- Senior Accountant (2011), Staff Accountant (2009-2011), Fannie Mae
- Internal Auditor (2009), Staff Accountant (2005-2009), Charming Shoppes, Inc
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law
- Vice-Chair, Regulatory Coordinating Committee (2019)
- Vice-Chair (2019), Co-Chair of the PCLS Diversity Committee
- Vice-Chair, Small Business and Other Socioeconomic Programs Committee
- Vice-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee
J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., Swarthmore College
Editor-in-Chief, Public Contract Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, District of Maryland, and Eastern District of Virginia
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- AlertGAO: SBIR Phase III Awardees Must Have Performed Or Been Novated the Preceding SBIR Phase I Or II Awards To Be Eligible for AwardJanuary 16, 2020
- AlertMulti-Faceted SBA Final Rule Clarifies Existing Regulations and Brings Long-Awaited ChangesDecember 12, 2019
- AlertSBA Issues Final Rule to Extend Size Calculation Period From 3 Years to 5 YearsDecember 9, 2019
- NewsletterDCAA Offers Some Relief from Recent “Expressly Unallowable” Cost Decisions, But Risks RemainNovember 2019