Chiara represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under various types of general liability, professional liability, manufacturing liability, and cyber insurance policies.
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Drafts pleadings addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- Researched, analyzed, and drafted memoranda on insurance litigation, government contracts, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Rehabilitation Act, and Fair Housing Act claims.
- Law Clerk, University of Virginia General Counsel’s Office (2017)
- Innocence Project at the UVA School of Law (2015-2018)
- Pro Bono Project President (2017-2018)
- Clinic Student (2016-2017)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Judge Wendy Shoob, Fulton County Superior Court (2016)
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Georgia
Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Journal of International Law
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterNinth Circuit Holds that Excess Carrier May Challenge Allocation of Primary Carrier’s Settlement that Resolves Both the Underlying Claim and a Coverage DisputeExecutive SummaryJanuary 2021
- NewsletterRun-Off Endorsement Bars Coverage for “False Filings” Made in Connection with Construction Projects for State AgenciesExecutive SummaryNovember 2020
- NewsletterIndemnification Demands Made by Stock Option Plan Trustee Not “Fiduciary Claims” for “Wrongful Acts”Executive SummarySeptember 2020
- NewsletterNinth Circuit Holds That Alleged Misappropriation of Client Funds Triggers E&O Coverage, But No Bad Faith Where Insurer’s Denial Was ReasonableExecutive SummaryJuly 2020