Chiara represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under various types of general liability, professional liability, manufacturing liability, and cyber insurance policies.
Won dismissal of coverage litigation for insurer in decision holding that under both Florida and Delaware law, there is no requirement that an insurer establish prejudice in order to deny coverage under claims-made-and-reported policies.” Georgian American Alloys, et al. v. AXIS Insurance Company, No. 1:20-cv-01634-LPS (D. Del. 2021).
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Drafts pleadings addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- Researched, analyzed, and drafted memoranda on insurance litigation, government contracts, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Rehabilitation Act, and Fair Housing Act claims.
- Law Clerk, University of Virginia General Counsel’s Office (2017)
- Innocence Project at the UVA School of Law (2015-2018)
- Pro Bono Project President (2017-2018)
- Clinic Student (2016-2017)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Judge Wendy Shoob, Fulton County Superior Court (2016)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA)
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Georgia
Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Journal of International Law
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostEastern District of Michigan Holds Selling Unregistered Securities, as Defined by the Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Constitutes “Professional Services”Wiley Executive SummaryChiara Tondi RestaAugust 25, 2021
- Blog PostDelaware Superior Court Holds that Appraisal Actions Not Securities Claim “For a Wrongful Act”Wiley Executive SummaryChiara Tondi RestaAugust 10, 2021
- Blog PostFlorida Supreme Court Allows Defending Insurer To Pursue Malpractice Action Against Defense CounselWiley Executive SummaryChiara Tondi RestaJune 23, 2021
- Blog PostNo Coverage for Malpractice Action Alleging Undisclosed “Wrongful Acts” Pre-Dating Policy’s Effective DateWiley Executive SummaryChiara Tondi RestaJune 2, 2021