Chiara represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under various types of general liability, professional liability, manufacturing liability, and cyber insurance policies.
Won dismissal of coverage litigation for insurer in decision holding that under both Florida and Delaware law, there is no requirement that an insurer establish prejudice in order to deny coverage under claims-made-and-reported policies.” Georgian American Alloys, et al. v. AXIS Insurance Company, No. 1:20-cv-01634-LPS (D. Del. 2021).
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Drafts pleadings addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- Researched, analyzed, and drafted memoranda on insurance litigation, government contracts, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Rehabilitation Act, and Fair Housing Act claims.
- Law Clerk, University of Virginia General Counsel’s Office (2017)
- Innocence Project at the UVA School of Law (2015-2018)
- Pro Bono Project President (2017-2018)
- Clinic Student (2016-2017)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Judge Wendy Shoob, Fulton County Superior Court (2016)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA)
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Georgia
Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Journal of International Law
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostBodily Injury Exclusion in Real Estate Agents E&O Policy Bars Coverage for Car Accident ClaimWiley Executive SummaryChiara Tondi RestaJune 23, 2022
- Blog PostLawyers Professional Liability Policy Does Not Cover Non-Insured Construction Management Company; Insurer Justified in Requesting Segregated InvoicesWiley Executive SummaryChiara Tondi RestaMarch 31, 2022
- Blog PostSouthern District of New York Holds Multiple Lawsuits Alleging Different Instances of Fraud Constitute Single Related ClaimWiley Executive SummaryChiara Tondi RestaMarch 17, 2022
- Blog PostSixth Circuit Holds E&O Policy’s ERISA Exclusion Bars Coverage for Claims Against Trustee of Employee Stock Ownership ProgramWiley Executive SummaryChiara Tondi RestaDecember 7, 2021