Cara counsels and represents government contractors on a broad range of legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, and compliance issues.
- Regularly prosecutes and defends bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including claims under the Contract Disputes Act (CDA) and appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA).
- Counsels clients on compliance issues involving the Buy American Act (BAA) and Trade Agreements Act (TAA).
- Advises clients on prime-subcontractor disputes.
- Law Clerk, Dallas County Public Defender’s Office (2013)
- Congressional Intern, Office of Congressman Tom Cole (OK-04), U.S. House of Representatives (2011)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Government Contracts by Super Lawyers magazine (2018-2020)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., University of Oklahoma; Phi Beta Kappa
Executive Notes Development Editor, The Tax Lawyer
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertPotential Contractor Claims Related to COVID-19Tracye Winfrey Howard, Cara L. LasleyJune 2020
- AlertOMB Releases Guidance on Implementing CARES Act Provision Permitting Reimbursement of Paid Leave for Government Contractors Related to COVID-19John R. Prairie, Cara L. Lasley, Nicholas L. PerryApril 20, 2020
- AlertAgencies Issue Guidance on CARES Act Section 3610 Authorizing Reimbursement of Paid Leave for Government Contractors Related to COVID-19John R. Prairie, Cara L. Lasley, Nicholas L. PerryApril 13, 2020
- AlertDOD Issues Guidance on Managing Defense Contracts During COVID-19Tracye Winfrey Howard, Kevin J. Maynard, Cara L. LasleyApril 1, 2020