Cara counsels and represents government contractors on a broad range of legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, and compliance issues.
- Regularly prosecutes and defends bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including claims under the Contract Disputes Act (CDA) and appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA).
- Counsels clients on compliance issues involving the Buy American Act (BAA) and Trade Agreements Act (TAA).
- Advises clients on prime-subcontractor disputes.
- Law Clerk, Dallas County Public Defender’s Office (2013)
- Congressional Intern, Office of Congressman Tom Cole (OK-04), U.S. House of Representatives (2011)
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" for Government Contracts by Super Lawyers magazine (2018)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., University of Oklahoma; Phi Beta Kappa
Executive Notes Development Editor, The Tax Lawyer
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertFederal Circuit Decision on Pharmaceutical Product Country of OriginKevin J. Maynard, Cara L. Lasley, Nicole E. GilesFebruary 19, 2020
- ArticleUSA Public Procurement LawUIA-LexisNexis Publications Collection, International Public ProcurementKara M. Sacilotto, Cara L. Lasley2019
- AlertLatest Executive Order Proposes Major Changes to Buy American RulesKevin J. Maynard, Christopher B. Weld, Nova J. Daly, Cara L. LasleyJuly 17, 2019
- AlertGAO Reminds Offerors Excluded from a Competitive Range to Request a Pre-Award DebriefingJohn R. Prairie, Brian Walsh, Cara L. LasleyApril 24, 2019