Cara advises government contractors on legal issues spanning the entire lifecycle of government contracts, from bid protests and contract compliance to claims and disputes and terminations.
Cara regularly assists commercial item contractors and GSA Schedule contractors with navigating the unique challenges facing them.
- Regularly prosecutes and defends bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Also has experience with state and local protests.
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including claims under the Contract Disputes Act (CDA) and appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA) and the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA).
- Assists GSA Schedule contractors with investigations into potential defective pricing issues or noncompliance with the Price Reductions Clause (PRC). Advises on other GSA Schedule issues, including Contractor Team Arrangements (CTA) and reseller relationships.
- Counsels clients on domestic preference requirements and country of origin compliance issues under the Buy American Act (BAA) and Trade Agreements Act (TAA).
- Advises clients in negotiation of teaming and subcontracting agreements and prime-subcontractor disputes.
- Law Clerk, Dallas County Public Defender’s Office (2013)
- Congressional Intern, Office of Congressman Tom Cole (OK-04), U.S. House of Representatives (2011)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Government Contracts by Super Lawyers magazine (2018-2020)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., University of Oklahoma; Phi Beta Kappa
Executive Notes Development Editor, The Tax Lawyer
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterGAO Rejects Unlawful Solicitation Restrictions on Mentor-Protégé Joint VenturesGovernment Contracts Issue UpdateOctober 2021
- PodcastPreparing for Post-Award DebriefingsWiley Government Contracts PodcastCara L. Lasley, John R. PrairieOctober 4, 2021
- AlertFAR Council Issues Proposed Buy American RuleKevin J. Maynard, Christopher B. Weld, Cara L. LasleyAugust 4, 2021
- EventMeet the Judges PanelAmerican Bar Association (ABA) Bid Protest CommitteeJune 15, 2021