Brandi advises candidates, officeholders, political parties, PACs, corporations, trade associations, and other organizations on compliance with all aspects of law concerning the political process, including state and federal campaign finance, ethics, lobbying, and pay-to-play laws.
- Assists candidates, officeholders, political parties, PACs, corporations, and trade associations in complying with campaign finance, ethics, lobbying, pay-to-play, and other areas of political law.
- Counsels candidates running for federal office at all stages of the electoral process.
- Represents clients before the Federal Election Commission (FEC) in enforcement proceedings, rulemaking comments, and advisory opinion requests.
- Represents clients before the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE), U.S. House Committee on Ethics, and U.S. Senate Select Committee on Ethics in ethics matters.
- Advises tax-exempt charitable and social welfare organizations in the areas of federal and state corporate and tax compliance and in securing and retaining tax exemption.
- Counsel, Federal Election Commission, Office of Commissioner Lee E. Goodman (2016-2017)
- Deputy General Counsel, Jeb Bush Presidential Campaign (2015-2016)
- Outside Counsel, Governor Tim Pawlenty Presidential Campaign (2011)
- Associate Counsel (2009) and Law Clerk (2007-2008), Republican National Committee (RNC)
- Law Clerk, National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) (2009)
- Campaign Finance Analyst, Federal Election Commission (2004-2006)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice
- Co-Chair, Committee on Elections (2010-2012)
- The Council on Governmental Ethics Laws (COGEL)
- Public Affairs Council (PAC)
- State Government Affairs Council (SGAC)
- Women in Government Relations (WGR)
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Up and Coming" in Political Law (2020)
- Named one of DCA Live's "Emerging Women Leaders in Law: Private Practice" (2019)
- Named "Distinguished Election Law Alumnus of the Year" by The William & Mary Election Law Society (2015)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Legislative & Governmental Affairs (2014-2015, 2019-2020) and Political Law (2013) by Super Lawyers magazine
J.D., William & Mary Law School
B.A., College of William & Mary
Senior Articles Editor, William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterWhat’s New in State Lobbying LawElection Law NewsJanuary 2021
- AlertChanges at the FEC in 2020Michael E. Toner, Lee E. Goodman, D. Mark Renaud, Andrew G. Woodson, Brandis L. ZehrDecember 9, 2020
- NewsletterThe Biden Transition and Presidency: What to Expect in Ethics, Lobbying, and Campaign Finance Regulation and ReformElection Law NewsNovember 2020
- NewsletterFEC Post-General Reports Due December 3Election Law NewsNovember 2020