Ben counsels and represents government contractors and subcontractors on a broad range of federal, state, and local legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, compliance issues, and investigations. Ben also has client experience involving the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Procurement Integrity Act (PIA), and the Service Contract Act (SCA).
- Regularly litigates bid protests at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC).
- Represents clients in disputes with state and local government agencies, including bid protests before the D.C. Contract Appeals Board.
- Supported the investigation of a claim of fraud regarding a client’s performance of a federal contract.
- Assists clients in preparing and responding to FOIA requests relating to contracts and procurements.
- Supported the investigation of a potential PIA violation and advised client on disclosure to the agency.
- Advises federal contractors in U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) audits of SCA compliance.
- Represented a client in a dispute with two agencies relating to SCA wages and fringe benefits before the DOL Administrator and DOL Administrative Review Board.
- Law Clerk (2020-2021), Summer Law Clerk (2019), United States Civilian Board of Contract Appeals
- Law Clerk, Private law firm (2019-2020)
- Suspension & Debarment Division Intern, General Services Administration, Office of Acquisition Policy (2019)
- Acquisition and Procurement Law Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of the General Counsel (2018)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law
J.D., The George Washington University Law School
B.A., University of Maryland
Associate Editor, Public Contract Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Related News & Insights
- Media MentionTexas Judge Strikes Down $15 Fed. Wage Law In 3 StatesLaw360September 26, 2023
- AlertDOL’s Davis-Bacon Act Overhaul Brings Significant Changes to Federal Construction ContractingEric W. Leonard, Craig Smith, W. Benjamin Phillips, IIIAugust 14, 2023
- Media MentionGov't Contracts Cases To Watch In 2023's Second HalfLaw360July 17, 2023
- Media MentionTop Government Contracts Cases Of 2023: Midyear ReviewLaw360July 14, 2023