Anna represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability insurance policies.
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Drafts motions and pleadings on behalf of insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Argued and won a Convention Against Torture Case in Immigration Court.
- Supreme Court Clinic at George Mason University School of Law (2017-2018)
- Legal Intern, Capital Area Immigrants’ Rights (CAIR) Coalition, Detained Adults Program (2016)
- Legal Research Volunteer, National Alliance on Mental Illness (2015-2016)
- Pro Bono Service Award, George Mason University School of Law
J.D., magna cum laude, George Mason University School of Law
B.A., summa cum laude, Washington & Jefferson College; Phi Beta Kappa
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Recognizes Attorneys and Staff in Ninth Annual Pro Bono Program CelebrationDecember 3, 2021
- Blog Post$140 million SEC Disgorgement Payment Not a “Penalty” and Insurable Under New York LawWiley Executive SummaryAnna J. SchaffnerNovember 30, 2021
- Blog PostException to Insured v. Insured Exclusion for “Any Claim Brought by” Certain Former Directors Does Not Apply to Restore Coverage for Shareholder Derivative ActionWiley Executive SummaryAnna J. SchaffnerNovember 9, 2021
- Blog PostSexual Misconduct Exclusion Bars E&O Coverage for Title IX ClaimWiley Executive SummaryAnna J. SchaffnerAugust 27, 2021