Anna represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability insurance policies.
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Drafts motions and pleadings on behalf of insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Argued and won a Convention Against Torture Case in Immigration Court.
- Supreme Court Clinic at George Mason University School of Law (2017-2018)
- Legal Intern, Capital Area Immigrants’ Rights (CAIR) Coalition, Detained Adults Program (2016)
- Legal Research Volunteer, National Alliance on Mental Illness (2015-2016)
- Pro Bono Service Award, George Mason University School of Law
J.D., magna cum laude, George Mason University School of Law
B.A., summa cum laude, Washington & Jefferson College; Phi Beta Kappa
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostApplicability of Insured v. Insured Exclusion Can Be Determined By Reference to Complaint AloneWiley Executive SummaryAnna J. SchaffnerApril 1, 2022
- Media MentionDelaware Justices Shut Down Solar Co.'s Coverage BidLaw360March 21, 2022
- Blog PostDelaware Supreme Court Affirms Decision Below in Favor of Insurers, Holds “Relatedness” is Determined By Policy Language and Not “Generic Fundamentally Identical Standard”Wiley Executive SummaryAnna J. SchaffnerMarch 16, 2022
- Blog PostLegal Malpractice Lawsuit Not Covered Where Insured Knew or Reasonably Should Have Known Pre-Inception of Conduct that Might Be Basis of ClaimWiley Executive SummaryAnna J. SchaffnerFebruary 17, 2022