Five Wiley Partners Named as “Litigation Stars” by Benchmark Litigation
Washington, DC – Wiley is pleased to announce that five of its partners have been recognized as Benchmark Litigation Stars in the 16th edition of the Benchmark Litigation 2023 guide. The highly selective guide features lawyers identified as “the preeminent litigation practitioners in the US,” according to the publication. Those lawyers featured from Wiley include:
- Attison Barnes is a trial lawyer representing clients in complex commercial, government contracts, and intellectual property litigation, as well as class actions and arbitration disputes, involving breach of contract, business torts, fraud and misrepresentation, trademark infringement, internet IP, and trade secret misappropriation. He also counsels clients on internal investigations of wrongdoing and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) matters.
- Ralph Caccia chairs the White Collar Defense & Government Investigations practice. He focuses on the defense of criminal and civil government enforcement actions, corporate internal investigations, and political and congressional investigations. He regularly defends companies and their executives in complex cases involving health care fraud, the False Claims Act (FCA), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), antitrust, contract, grant, and procurement fraud, whistleblower allegations, and securities fraud.
- Tatiana Sainati, named as a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation, leads efforts focused on complex commercial litigation, arbitration, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). She represents corporate clients involved in commercial and international litigation and arbitration, including government contracts, healthcare, intellectual property, and other contract and tort disputes.
- Richard Smith is an experienced trial litigator whose practice covers environmental, health care, intellectual property, antitrust, product liability, business tort, and complex commercial litigation. Among other high-profile litigation matters, his cases have ranged from defending multi-billion-dollar antitrust claims, cutting-edge environmental and product liability actions, defamation and intellectual property disputes, and various constitutional and election law matters.
- Greg Williams heads Wiley’s Global Disputes Practice, focusing on complex commercial litigation and arbitration and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Williams’ matters are frequently multifaceted, with parallel or related proceedings in multiple fora, and run across a wide range of industries.
The publication’s featured litigators are determined through six months of research, which includes extensive interviews to identify leading litigators and firms. The guide recognizes firms and attorneys who Benchmark Litigation believes have “demonstrated the ability to consistently handle complex, high-stakes cases in multiple jurisdictions.”
Benchmark Litigation’s features will be published on their website as well as in their 16th print edition, which will be published in early 2023.
Director of Communications
Senior Communications Manager