The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) went into effect in January 2020, with California Attorney General enforcement authority slated to begin in July 2020. Compliance raises a number of questions for companies across industries. We advise clients from start-ups to large corporations, and across sectors including technology, telecommunications, and media; insurance; financial services; health care; advertising and marketing; and many more.
We help companies comply with the CCPA, manage risks related to CCPA obligations, and think strategically about company data governance in light of the CCPA and other state privacy laws. We provide practical and solutions-based advice, integrated with our deep knowledge of the CCPA and other privacy laws nationwide.
Depending on the client’s needs, we advise on both full-scale compliance and targeted questions. Our capabilities include:
- Reviewing and negotiating vendor agreements
- Compliance training
- Managing consumer requests
- Managing approaches to employee and B2B data
- Strategic advice on data governance questions
- Managing risks related to potential investigations and enforcement
Our team of attorneys brings depth and breadth of experience to dealing with this challenging and unclear law, drawing on multidisciplinary backgrounds. Subscribe to our mailing list, as we often release new webinars, event information, and alerts regarding the latest developments and practical tips on how to navigate complex compliance obligations in this evolving legal landscape.
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterLatest CCPA Developments Include Legislative Amendments on Health and Employee DataPrivacy In FocusSeptember 2020Joan Stewart, Duane C. Pozza, Kathleen E. Scott
- AlertCalifornia Finalizes CCPA Regulations, Which Are Effective ImmediatelyAugust 17, 2020Megan L. Brown, Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Joan Stewart, Kathleen E. Scott
- EventCCPA: Understanding the Proposed Final AG Regulations and Planning for AG EnforcementWileyJune 25, 2020Duane C. Pozza, Kathleen E. Scott, Joan Stewart
- AlertCalifornia Attorney General Releases Final Text of CCPA Regulations, Starting the Clock for Companies to Come into ComplianceJune 3, 2020Duane C. Pozza, Megan L. Brown, Antonio J. Reynolds, Joan Stewart, Kathleen E. Scott