The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) went into effect in January 2020, with California Attorney General enforcement authority slated to begin in July 2020. Compliance raises a number of questions for companies across industries. We advise clients from start-ups to large corporations, and across sectors including technology, telecommunications, and media; insurance; financial services; health care; advertising and marketing; and many more.
We help companies comply with the CCPA, manage risks related to CCPA obligations, and think strategically about company data governance in light of the CCPA and other state privacy laws. We provide practical and solutions-based advice, integrated with our deep knowledge of the CCPA and other privacy laws nationwide.
Depending on the client’s needs, we advise on both full-scale compliance and targeted questions. Our capabilities include:
- Reviewing and negotiating vendor agreements
- Compliance training
- Managing consumer requests
- Managing approaches to employee and B2B data
- Strategic advice on data governance questions
- Managing risks related to potential investigations and enforcement
Our team of attorneys brings depth and breadth of experience to dealing with this challenging and unclear law, drawing on multidisciplinary backgrounds. Subscribe to our mailing list, as we often release new webinars, event information, and alerts regarding the latest developments and practical tips on how to navigate complex compliance obligations in this evolving legal landscape.
Related News & Insights
- EventState Privacy Update: California and BeyondMarch 31, 2020Boyd Garriott, Duane C. Pozza, Joan Stewart
- AlertCalifornia AG Modifies Draft CCPA Regulations — Again!March 13, 2020Megan L. Brown, Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Kathleen E. Scott, Joan Stewart
- AlertCalifornia AG Modifies Draft CCPA Regulations — What Do They Mean for Compliance?February 10, 2020Megan L. Brown, Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Kathleen E. Scott, Joan Stewart
- NewsletterMapping a Privacy Path - Liability and Enforcement Recommendations for StatesPrivacy In FocusFebruary 2020Megan L. Brown, Kathleen E. Scott, Boyd Garriott, Stephen J. Conley