Crystal advocates for clients on policy matters with a focus in telecommunications, technology, consumer protection, data privacy, cybersecurity, aviation, surface transportation, and space. She has experience collaborating with the White House, Congress, the Department of Defense, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Transportation, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Federal Communications Commission. She has over a decade of experience working in the federal government, with senior-level experience advising and counseling Senate members.
Prior to joining Wiley, Crystal was a General Counsel at the U.S. Senate, where she advanced policy priorities and oversaw various investigations. She is experienced in navigating legislative agendas and messaging, and advocating for floor action on committee-reported bills. She has managed a wide-ranging policy portfolio including environment, chemical demilitarization, religious accommodation, and sexual harassment and assault. Crystal previously worked in the cable and mobile wireless industries advocating before Congress and federal agencies.
- Collaborated with Senate leadership on legislative agenda and messaging, and advocated for floor action on committee-reported bills.
- Aided in enactment of several landmark bills including the CHIPS and Science Act, the Broadband DATA Act, the Secure and Trusted Communications Networks Act, and the Aircraft Certification, Safety, and Accountability Act.
- Contributed to the enactment of more than 20 bipartisan communications bills including the MOBILE NOW Act, the Federal Communications Commission Reauthorization Act, the Viewer Protection Act, and the Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act.
- Established broadband infrastructure working group that resulted in the introduction of the bipartisan STREAMLINE Small Cell Deployment Act.
- Represented mobile wireless trade association with more than 100 carriers nationwide before Congress, federal agencies, and CCA Political Action Committee events.
- U.S. Senate
- Committee on Armed Services
- General Counsel for Investigations and Nominations (2023)
- Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Deputy Staff Director (2018-2023)
- Policy Director and Counsel, Senior Advisor to Chairman John Thune (2017-2018)
- Office of Senator Roger Wicker (2015-2017)
- Legislative Assistant
- Director, Legislative Affairs, Competitive Carriers Association (2014-2015)
- Law Clerk, Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission (2013-2014)
- Federal Government Relations Manager, Charter Communications, Inc. (2009-2012)
- Legislative Correspondent, Office of Senator John E. Sununu (2005-2009)
J.D., The George Washington University Law School
B.A., University of New Hampshire
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostCongress Ramps Up Its Focus on Artificial IntelligenceWiley ConnectLauren N. Johnson, Crystal Tully, Stephanie RigizadehNovember 21, 2023
- Media MentionWake Up Call: New A&O Shearman Would Pay Partners With LockstepBloomberg LawMay 23, 2023
- Press ReleaseSeasoned Public Policy Attorney Crystal Tully Joins Wiley’s TMT PracticeMay 22, 2023
- Media MentionBankers, hospitals, film industry tap new outside helpPoliticoMay 22, 2023