Sara offers counsel to companies engaged in telecommunications, mass media, unmanned aircraft systems, and emerging technology on a variety of regulatory, litigation, transactional, and compliance matters.
- Assists clients in developing strategy for and preparing comments, petitions, and other pleadings in complex proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Counsels telecommunications and mass media clients on compliance with federal regulatory obligations.
- Provides counseling on compliance with evolving regulation of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
- Represents telecommunications providers and trade associations in litigation matters before state and federal courts involving wireless telecommunications infrastructure siting.
- Assists clients in obtaining authorization from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to operate UAS; tracks and analyzes state and local regulations of UAS, with a focus on potential conflicts between different regulatory authorities.
- Counsels companies on compliance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the FCC’s implementing regulations, the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Telemarketing Sales Rule, and the CAN‑SPAM Act.
- Advises clients on compliance with federal obligations to make telecommunications services and devices accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Assists satellite clients seeking authorization from the FCC to launch and operate satellites or serve the U.S. market.
- Represents clients in FCC enforcement proceedings and assists clients with meeting requirements associated with enforcement decisions.
- Advises information and communications technology clients on Internet policy issues in the U.S. and abroad.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice.
- Legal Intern, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (2013)
- Law Clerk, Center for Law and Education (2012)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., Brown University
Journal on Legislation
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Related News & Insights
- AlertPresident Trump Issues Executive Order Kicking Off Broad Government Review of Private Companies’ ActivitiesKathleen A. Kirby, Megan L. Brown, Joshua S. Turner, Scott B. Wilkens, Duane C. Pozza, Sara M. BaxenbergMay 28, 2020
- AlertFCC Releases Draft “5G Upgrade Order”; Declaratory Ruling and NPRM Will Facilitate Wireless Infrastructure UpgradesJoshua S. Turner, Sara M. Baxenberg, Boyd GarriottMay 21, 2020
- AlertWiley Privacy Practice Recap – April 2020Rachel A. Alexander, Thomas W. Antonucci, Sara M. Baxenberg, Todd A. Bromberg, Megan L. Brown, Shawn H. Chang, Matthew J. Gardner, Boyd Garriott, Daniel B. Hassett, Peter S. Hyun, Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo, Dorthula H. Powell-Woodson, Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Kevin G. Rupy, Kathleen E. Scott, Joan Stewart, Joshua S. Turner, Martha G. VázquezApril 2020
- ArticleTelecom's Role In Virus Response Raises Policy ChallengesLaw360Joshua S. Turner, Sara M. BaxenbergApril 9, 2020