Sara offers counsel to companies engaged in telecommunications, mass media, unmanned aircraft systems, and emerging technology on a variety of regulatory, litigation, transactional, and compliance matters.
- Assists clients in developing strategy for and preparing comments, petitions, and other pleadings in complex proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Counsels telecommunications and mass media clients on compliance with federal regulatory obligations.
- Provides counseling on compliance with evolving regulation of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
- Represents telecommunications providers and trade associations in litigation matters before state and federal courts involving wireless telecommunications infrastructure siting.
- Assists clients in obtaining authorization from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to operate UAS; tracks and analyzes state and local regulations of UAS, with a focus on potential conflicts between different regulatory authorities.
- Counsels companies on compliance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the FCC’s implementing regulations, the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Telemarketing Sales Rule, and the CAN‑SPAM Act.
- Advises clients on compliance with federal obligations to make telecommunications services and devices accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Assists satellite clients seeking authorization from the FCC to launch and operate satellites or serve the U.S. market.
- Represents clients in FCC enforcement proceedings and assists clients with meeting requirements associated with enforcement decisions.
- Advises information and communications technology clients on Internet policy issues in the U.S. and abroad.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice.
- Legal Intern, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (2013)
- Law Clerk, Center for Law and Education (2012)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., Brown University
Journal on Legislation
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth, Tenth, and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostExecutive Order on “Adversary” Drones Stops Short of Bans, Requires Gov’t Reports and Analysis; Sets New 2209 DeadlineWiley ConnectSara M. Baxenberg, Joshua S. TurnerJanuary 19, 2021
- AlertFCC Public Notices Seek Comment on Implementation of COVID-19 Broadband Stimulus ProgramsShawn H. Chang, Edgar Class, Sara M. BaxenbergJanuary 13, 2021
- AlertFAA Adopts Final Rules for UAS Remote ID, Flights over People, and at NightJoshua S. Turner, Katy J. Milner, Sara M. BaxenbergDecember 29, 2020
- Blog PostFAA Adopts Major Drone Regs: (broadcast-only) Remote ID; Flights over People (+ vehicles), at NightWiley ConnectSara M. Baxenberg, Joshua S. Turner, Katy J. MilnerDecember 29, 2020