Rita counsels government contractors and subcontractors on a wide array of legal issues, including bid protests, cybersecurity, internal investigations, and claims and disputes.
- Prosecutes and defends bid protests before federal and state bodies, including the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC).
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA).
- Assists government contractors in navigating cybersecurity requirements under the various frameworks used by federal agencies, including DFARS 252.204-7012 and NIST SP 800-171.
- Counsels government contractors on cyber incident response obligations.
- Counsels government contractors on compliance with the federal False Claims Act (FCA) and government FCA investigations.
- Assists with internal investigations relating to issues unique to government contractors, including government contracts ethics and alleged violations of the FCA and other federal and state laws and regulations.
- Spring Law Clerk, Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (2020)
- Research Assistant, George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, Professor Caroline Cecot (2020)
- Administrative Law Clinic, George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School (2019-2020)
J.D., magna cum laude, George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School
B.A., High Honors, University of California, Santa Barbara
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Law, Economics, and Policy (2020-2021)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Related News & Insights
- Media MentionWatchdog Clears $103.5M FTC Deal Of Conflicts ComplaintLaw360November 21, 2023
- ArticleDHS Updates CUI Safeguarding and Incident Reporting Requirements for ContractorsPratt's Government Contracting Law ReportMegan L. Brown, Tracye Winfrey Howard, Teresita RegelbruggeNovember 8, 2023
- AlertUpdate: FAR Council Proposes Pair of Major Cybersecurity Rules for Government ContractsGary S. Ward, Kara M. Sacilotto, Tracye Winfrey Howard, Megan L. Brown, Teresita RegelbruggeOctober 11, 2023
- AlertFAR Council Proposes Pair of Major Cybersecurity Rules for Government ContractsTracye Winfrey Howard, Kara M. Sacilotto, Gary S. Ward, Teresita RegelbruggeOctober 3, 2023