A former law clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (known as the “Rocket Docket”), Rebecca represents clients in complex commercial disputes in the state and federal courts through the Washington DC metropolitan region. Rebecca’s experience includes representing corporations in breach of contract and business tort disputes, litigating government contracts disputes, representing intellectual property owners in trademark infringement litigation, representing clients in trade secret disputes, and representing trustees in corporate investigations and fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Successfully defended a government contractor and individual defendants in a multi-week trial involving 13 counts relating to allegations involving a teaming agreement, employee non-competes, misappropriation of trade secrets and other business torts. Futrend Technology, Inc. v. MicroHealth LLC, et al., Case No. CL2018-14995 (Va.).
- Successfully represented subcontractor in dispute with prime contractor relating to work performed overseas.
- Successfully defended a government contractor in multi-million dollar class action arbitration involving an employment wage claim by fire and rescue employees for work performed overseas.
- Represented relator in False Claims Act (FCA) case in the Eastern District of Virginia alleging that student lender fraudulently obtained millions of dollars in government subsidies.
- Successfully defended a large utility company in a complex, multi-million dollar negligence action.
- Represented applicants for security clearances before the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA).
- Represented Liquidating Trustee in the Vijay K. Taneja case, one of the largest real estate mortgage fraud and Ponzi scheme cases in the Washington, DC area.
- Represents prime contractor in litigation alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of teaming agreement.
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- Advisory Board, Mid-Atlantic Region (2013-2015)
- Fairfax Bar Association
- The Federal Bar Association (FBA)
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Board of Directors, Washington, DC Network (2011-2016)
- Co-Chair, Communications Committee, Washington, DC Network (2014-2015)
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee, Washington, DC Network (2011-2013, 2016)
- The Virginia Bar Association (VBA)
- Named one of Virginia's "Rising Stars" for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Super Lawyers magazine (2009-2014)
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" (2017-2020, 2022) and "Rising Stars" for Business Litigation (2015-2016) and Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2013-2014) by Super Lawyers magazine
J.D., cum laude, George Mason University School of Law
B.A., summa cum laude, Villanova University; Phi Beta Kappa
Case Comments Editor, The Federal Circuit Bar Journal
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Barry R. Poretz, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2003-2004)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
Related News & Insights
- Press Release31 Wiley Attorneys Recognized Across 17 Practice Areas in 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®August 19, 2021
- Press ReleaseWiley Recognizes More Than 40 Individuals in Eighth Annual Pro Bono Program CelebrationNovember 3, 2020
- AlertCOVID-19: Important Legal Issues For U.S. Businesses To ConsiderDaniel B. Hassett, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Rebecca L. Saitta, Elizabeth J. Cavanaugh, Grace Caroline MahanMarch 20, 2020
- EventWorking Together: How Lawyers and Accountants Can Mitigate and Prevent CrisisClifton Larson Allen LLPMay 7, 2019