Pam counsels corporations and trade associations on matters involving cybersecurity and data privacy. She has expertise advising national and global companies on matters relevant to compliance, risk management, and cyber incident response.
Pam also is experienced representing insurers in connection with commercial disputes under a variety of lines of coverage, including cyber, media, directors and officers, and financial institutions. In addition to litigating complex coverage matters at the trial and appellate level, Pam regularly provides practical guidance concerning liability, damages, and settlement valuation relevant to a wide variety of class action lawsuits and regulatory matters.
- Advises clients concerning potential liability, financial exposure, and settlement valuation in litigation involving data breaches, privacy laws, securities laws, commercial contract disputes, antitrust issues, proxy contests, and malpractice-related challenges.
- Represents insurers in connection with third-party claims arising from cyber- and privacy-related matters.
- Participates in mediated resolutions of consumer class actions, securities class actions, contract disputes, qui tam lawsuits, employment-related claims, and malpractice lawsuits.
- Substantial litigation experience, particularly in insurance coverage disputes in federal and state courts, resulting in successful declaratory and monetary judgments.
- Counsels corporations on contract language for vendor, service, and other agreements impacting data security.
- Drafts comments and assists in crafting advocacy strategies in regulatory proceedings in the area of cybersecurity.
- Private law practice (2001-2016)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
J.D., cum laude, Cornell Law School
B.A., Dartmouth College
General Editor, Cornell Journal of Law & Public Policy
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- New York Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Fifth, and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US), The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Related News & Insights
- Blog Post2 Illinois Cases Poised To Shape BIPA Litigation LandscapeWiley Executive SummaryPamela L. Signorello, Megan L. BrownOctober 24, 2022
- Blog Post4 Important Class Cert. Issues From 2 Data Breach CasesWiley Executive SummaryPamela L. Signorello, David H. TopolNovember 9, 2021
- ArticleFour Impactful Class Cert. Issues From Pair of Data Breach CasesLaw360David H. Topol, Pamela L. SignorelloNovember 4, 2021
- Blog Post'McMorris Factors' Create Obstacles For Data Breach PlaintiffsWiley Executive SummaryPamela L. Signorello, David H. TopolSeptember 28, 2021