Nicole counsels and represents government contractors on a broad range of legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, and compliance issues.
- Prosecutes and defends bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC).
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA).
- Counsels clients on various compliance issues, including those involving the Service Contract Act.
- As a law clerk, conducted legal research and prepared analyses of facts in cases dealing with the Contract Disputes Act, military relocation, and FEMA arbitration panels.
- Law Clerk, Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (2018)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Arms Control, Verification and Compliance (2017)
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Thomas C. Wheeler, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2017)
J.D., The George Washington University Law School
B.A., Gettysburg College
Editor-in-Chief, Public Contract Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertPedal to the Metal: GSA Accelerates Accelerated Payments for Small Business Prime ContractorsSamantha S. Lee, Nicole E. GilesApril 17, 2020
- AlertState COVID-19 Lockdowns: What Contractors Operating in “Lockdown” Areas Need to KnowJohn R. Prairie, Richard W. Smith, Brian Walsh, Nicole E. Giles, George E. PetelApril 7, 2020
- AlertPreparing For COVID-19's Potential Effects on Employers That Depend on the Operations of the Federal GovernmentTodd A. Bromberg, Nicole E. Giles, Martha G. VázquezMarch 13, 2020
- AlertFederal Circuit Decision on Pharmaceutical Product Country of OriginKevin J. Maynard, Cara L. Lasley, Nicole E. GilesFebruary 19, 2020