Nate serves as coverage counsel for claims under professional liability and general liability policies, with a focus on media, technology, and privacy-related exposures. He routinely advises insurers in connection with cyber insurance and other first- and third-party technology risks.
- Counsels insurers on first-party claims involving cyber-related incidents, including claims for business interruption, data recovery, cyber extortion, and other first-party coverages.
- Represents insurers for third-party claims arising from cyber-and privacy-related matters, including for technology-related professional services.
- Advises insurers on media liability exposures and associated claims.
- Conducts legal research and drafts pleadings addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Assists in monitoring complex litigation in state and federal courts and counsels professional liability insurers on coverage issues with respect to such litigation.
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable William P. Robinson III, Rhode Island Supreme Court (2016-2017)
- Legal Intern, Eviction Defense Collaborative (2015)
J.D., cum laude, Boston College Law School
B.A., Brown University
Editor, Boston College Law & Religion Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostExcess “Other Insurance” Provision Does Not Relieve Insurer’s Duty to DefendWiley Executive SummaryNathan B. LovettDecember 15, 2021
- Blog PostSixth Circuit: No Coverage for Defense Costs Resulting from Qui Tam ActionWiley Executive SummaryNathan B. LovettNovember 1, 2021
- Blog PostCourt Reads Contract Exclusion Out of Policy Based on Ambiguity Created by Conflicting EndorsementsWiley Executive SummaryNathan B. LovettMay 24, 2021
- NewsletterIndiana Supreme Court Revives Insured’s Case for Ransomware-Related Coverage Under Commercial Crime PolicyExecutive SummaryMay 2021