Madi provides legal counsel and strategic advice to technology, media, telecommunications, and space and satellite clients on domestic and international telecommunications matters. Her representation includes some of the largest and most successful telecommunications and edge providers, satellite operators, manufacturers, and industry trade associations before U.S. regulatory agencies and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Represents clients in matters involving Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulation of wireless and satellite telecommunications services, and provides counsel on a variety of licensing, operational, and spectrum policy and allocation matters.
- Assists clients with and develops a strategy for licensing of both Geostationary and Non-Geostationary Satellite Orbit systems, as well as Earth stations, with the FCC. Provides guidance on satellite service regulations, including rules for fixed- and mobile-satellite services, small satellite services, earth exploration satellite services, and inter-satellite services.
- Offers counsel on Internet and Internet governance-related issues in the U.S. and abroad, including at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). This includes counsel on the Internet of Things (IoT), net neutrality, privacy, cybersecurity, cross-border data flow, and digital trade matters.
- Served as a private sector member of the U.S. delegation to the 2018 Plenipotentiary Conference of the ITU.
- Counsels clients on compliance with federal and state regulatory obligations, including equipment authorization, outage reporting, and tower and antenna siting rules under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA).
- Provides guidance on public safety issues including E911, Next Generation 911, emergency preparedness and recovery, FCC outage reporting rules, deployment of the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network (NPSBN) overseen by the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet), and the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Project 25 Compliance Assessment Program (P25 CAP).
- Represents clients in enforcement proceedings before the FCC, and assists clients in developing compliance plans and satisfying other requirements related to enforcement decisions.
- Conducts regulatory due diligence and risk assessments for communications transactions.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice. Madi provides counsel to the Space Generation Advisory Counsel, a non-profit organization representing university students and young space professionals before the United Nations, space agencies, industry, and academia. Madi also assists low-income individuals and families, persons with disabilities, and limited English-speaking taxpayers in preparing their federal and state income tax returns, as well as represents victims of human trafficking.
- Legal Intern, Sports Fans Coalition (2014)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Commerce, NTIA, Office of Public Safety Communications (2013-2014)
- Intern, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Organization Affairs (2013)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair of the International Telecommunications Committee (2019-Present)
- Charity Auction Committee (2020)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Women’s Bar Association (WBA)
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., cum laude, George Washington University
Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertBiden Administration Signals Tech and Telecom Priorities in EO on CompetitionMegan L. Brown, Anna M. Gomez, Thomas M. Johnson, Jr., Duane C. Pozza, Madeleine M. LottenbachJuly 12, 2021
- Blog PostFTC Outlines Approach to Discrimination in AI and Foreshadows Potential EnforcementWiley ConnectDuane C. Pozza, Madeleine M. Lottenbach, Kathleen E. ScottApril 26, 2021
- AlertFCC Issues Waiver for In-Cabin Vehicle Radar in 60 GHz BandScott D. Delacourt, David E. Hilliard, Stephen J. Conley, Madeleine M. Lottenbach, Tawanna D. LeeApril 20, 2021
- AlertDepartment of Commerce Convenes Virtual Forum on Supply Chain Risks in Semiconductor Manufacturing and PackagingAnna M. Gomez, Megan L. Brown, Hon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Madeleine M. LottenbachMarch 30, 2021