Kyle counsels clients on a wide array of communications law and policy issues. His areas of focus lie where the law meets the online world. This includes issues related to over-the-top (OTT) video and communications; net neutrality and Section 230; broadband deployment and access; data privacy; and digital accessibility. He has previously worked at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), for a trade association, and on an in-house policy team.
- Supported Meta’s Connectivity & Access Policy team on global OTT video, OTT communications, broadband, and accessibility policy issues while on secondment with the company.
- Advises clients on issues that include compliance with potential net neutrality regulations and state data privacy laws; regulatory treatment of messaging services; advertising of gambling services; and 911 obligations.
- Drafts pleadings before the FCC, CISA, NTIA, and other federal agencies on topics that include next-generation broadcast standards, media ownership, zero trust architecture, and software bills of material.
- Assists clients in responding to FCC enforcement actions and data collections, including Letters of Inquiry, and in obtaining regulatory certifications like certificates of authority to provide competitive local exchange service.
- Supports telecommunications clients at various stages of the litigation process, including with discovery and pre-trial motions. Examples include briefing on jurisdictional issues in a tower citing case and defending a client in a pole attachment dispute.
- Public Policy Extern, Connectivity & Access Policy Team, Facebook (2019)
- Legal Intern, CTIA (2018)
- Legal Intern, FCC, Media Bureau, Policy Division (2018)
- Client Services Intern, Orleans Parish Public Defender’s Office (2014)
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., cum laude, Tulane University
Senior Articles Editor, Federal Communications Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertFCC Examines Increase in Minimum Broadband Speed Benchmark, Sets Future Gigabit-Speed GoalDiane Holland, Kevin G. Rupy, Kyle M. GutierrezNovember 7, 2023
- AlertFCC Expands Audio Description Requirements to All Television MarketsKathleen A. Kirby, Ari Meltzer, Kyle M. Gutierrez, Stephanie RigizadehOctober 20, 2023
- AlertFederal Communications Commission Seeks to Revive Net Neutrality RulesThomas M. Johnson, Jr., Diane Holland, Megan L. Brown, Sara M. Baxenberg, Joshua S. Turner, Boyd Garriott, Kyle M. Gutierrez, Stephanie RigizadehSeptember 29, 2023
- ArticleFederal Communications Commission Launches Privacy and Data Protection Task ForcePratt's Privacy & Cybersecurity Law ReportMegan L. Brown, Kathleen E. Scott, Kyle M. GutierrezAugust 8, 2023