Kathleen represents corporations, directors, and other individuals in government investigations and white collar defense. Her experience includes matters involving internal investigations, the False Claims Act (FCA), Anti-Kickback Statute, and health care fraud in both criminal and civil matters. She supports her clients at every stage of litigation from grand jury proceedings to appeals to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Kathleen previously served as a trial attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice's Criminal Section Health Care Fraud Unit.
- Defended clients in civil and criminal matters with a focus on the False Claims Act and other fraud investigations/litigations.
- Litigated extensive attorney-client privilege issues in the context of corporate counsel conducting internal investigations.
- Conducted internal investigations to advise clients on potential civil and criminal liability, assist in mandatory disclosures, and negotiate resolutions with government parties.
- Trial Attorney, Department of Justice, Criminal Division (2019-2023)
- White Collar Defense Associate, Private Law Practice (2013-2019)
J.D., Yale Law School
B.A., summa cum laude, Virginia Polytechnic and State University
External Managing Editor, Yale Journal of Law and Humanities
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Charles Lettow, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2012-2013)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Media MentionWhat’s Really Driving the Business of White-Collar Defense?The National Law JournalNovember 28, 2023
- Media MentionDOJ To Focus Investigations On Medicare, COVID-19 FraudLaw360November 8, 2023
- Media MentionBeltway Moves: WilmerHale, Quinn Emanuel, MoFoLaw360November 3, 2023
- Media MentionWillkie, Milbank, Reed Smith, MoFo and Wiley Make Washington HiresThe National Law JournalNovember 2, 2023