Jake’s practice involves all aspects of international trade and trade remedy proceedings. Jake represents clients in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) and the Court of International Trade. Jake also advises clients on export controls and economic sanctions compliance and customs compliance, investigations, and audits. In addition, Jake has advised on World Trade Organization matters by providing analysis and advice to clients and government counsel. Jake has represented clients in the steel, forest products, petrochemicals, consumer goods, renewable energy, life sciences, and technology industries.
- Represented clients before the USITC and the DOC in trade remedy investigations and administrative reviews.
- Represented clients before the Court of International Trade and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Binational Panels hearing appeals of trade remedy decisions from the DOC and USITC.
- Represented clients in customs investigations and compliance on matters related to valuation, calculation of antidumping and countervailing duties, country of origin, temporary import bonds, and product classifications under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Advised corporate clients on compliance with various federal laws and regulations including the Export Administration Regulations; International Traffic in Arms Regulations; economic and trade sanctions; and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Associate, Private law practice (2014-2020)
- Law Clerk, U.S. International Trade Commission, Office of Commissioner David S. Johanson (2012)
- Intern, Office of the United States Trade Representative, Office of China Affairs (2009)
J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School, Order of the Coif
B.A., summa cum laude, University of Utah
Member, The George Washington International Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseAmerican Producers of Aluminum Extrusions File Trade Petitions to Combat Illegal and Unfair Dumping and Subsidies from 15 Countries, Wiley Rein LLP ReportsOctober 4, 2023
- Media MentionCommerce Must Rectify Error In Steel Pipe Duties, Court RulesLaw360January 18, 2023
- Press ReleaseWiley Announces Partner and Counsel Promotions for 2023December 7, 2022
- AlertCommerce, State Departments Restrict Exports to Cambodia, Citing Corruption, Human Rights Abuses, Chinese InfluenceHon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Lori E. Scheetz, John R. Shane, Jake FrischknechtDecember 13, 2021