Corey represents corporate clients and their executives in complex civil litigation, government and internal investigations, civil enforcement matters, and criminal investigations. His experience includes matters involving the False Claims Act (FCA), Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), and securities fraud. Corey drafts pleadings and motions in state and federal courts and assists clients in responding to discovery requests, Civil Investigative Demands, and subpoenas.
- Defends government contractors in FCA litigation involving allegations of fraud and human trafficking related to international performance of U.S. government contracts.
- Represents a U.S. government contractor against individual employment and class action claims in federal court.
- Represents a U.S. Senator in amicus brief regarding fair use under the Copyright Act before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Represented a government contractor in resolving FCA allegations related to an overseas U.S. government contract.
- Represented an individual in responding to a Civil Investigative Demand and navigating a parallel criminal investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Represented an individual under investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for securities fraud.
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Marla Graff Decker, Chief Judge, Court of Appeals of Virginia (2020–2021)
- Judicial Intern, Honorable A. Richard Caputo, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania (2019)
- Research Assistant, Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Professor Alan Trammell (2020–2021)
- Professor Kishanthi Parella (2019)
- Federal Bar Association, Qui Tam and Young Lawyers Sections.
J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif; Omicron Delta Kappa; Washington and Lee University School of Law
B.B.A., summa cum laude, Wilkes University
Editor in Chief, Washington and Lee Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertSupreme Court Rules FCA Scienter Element Focuses on Defendants’ Subjective Beliefs OnlyRoderick L. Thomas, Nick Peterson, Corey J. HauserJune 1, 2023
- AlertDOJ’s Latest Corporate Enforcement Policy Targets Compensation and Third-Party MessagingKevin B. Muhlendorf, Brandon J. Moss, Corey J. Hauser, Rachel TuteurMarch 13, 2023
- AlertDOJ’s “Carrot” Approach to Corporate Enforcement Policy (But Read the Fine Print)Kevin B. Muhlendorf, Brandon J. Moss, Corey J. HauserJanuary 23, 2023
- AlertCorporate Criminal Enforcement Predictions for 2023Brandon J. Moss, Corey J. Hauser, Rachel TuteurJanuary 3, 2023