Claire litigates complex trial and appellate matters before federal and state courts, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Federal Election Commission (FEC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and state regulatory commissions, with particular emphasis on infrastructure and joint use disputes and challenges of agency action.
- Represents telecommunications companies in complex litigation and regulatory proceedings involving rate-setting disputes, the deployment of broadband infrastructure, wireless facility siting, joint use, and pole attachment issues.
- Litigates jurisdictional, constitutional, election law, intellectual property, and administrative law issues in trial and appellate courts.
- Counsels telecommunications companies on the scope of their federal rights and develops litigation strategies under the Communications Act and other applicable laws.
- Represents clients in agency rulemakings, investigations, and enforcement proceedings, including FCC Pole Attachment Complaint proceedings and FTC Civil Investigative Demands.
- Files amicus and merits briefs in the U.S. Courts of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Representative matters include:
- Joint use and rate disputes before state and federal courts, the FCC, and state regulatory commissions, including FCC Pole Attachment Complaint proceedings.
- Wireless siting disputes, including Sprint Spectrum et al. v. Zoning Board of Adjustment of Paramus, No. 14-2954 (3d Cir.).
- Appeals of agency action, including Ameren Corp. et al. v. FCC, No. 16-1683 (8th Cir.), Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington v. FEC, No. 14-1419 (D.D.C.), and Power Integrations, Inc. v. Kappos, No. 11-1254 (D.D.C.).
- File comments and pleadings in rulemakings and adjudications at federal agencies, including the FCC, FEC, and FTC.
- Constitutional cases, including Coors Brewing Company v. Mendez-Torres, No. 11-1559 (1st Cir.) and Software & Information Industry Association v. Solers, Inc., No. 10-1523 (D.C. App. Ct.).
- Patent litigation, including Porto Technology Co. v. Cellco Partnership, No. 12-678 (E.D. Va.), RSA Security LLC v. Zions Management Services Company, No. 12-11975 (D. Mass.), Callaway Golf Company v. Kappos, No. 11-266 (E.D. Va.), and pharmaceutical litigation involving aripiprazole (Abilify®), cyclobenzaprine HCl (Amrix®), and fenofibrate (Antara®).
- Copyright royalty fee litigation before the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) rate court to set license fees for the public performance of musical works in wireless communications products and services.
- U.S. Department of Justice
- Attorney, Criminal Division, Criminal Appellate Section (2006-2007)
- Bristow Fellow, Office of the Solicitor General (2005-2006)
- Attorney, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of the General Counsel (2005)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US in Appellate: Court of Appeals (2017-2021) and Telecom and Broadcast: Regulatory (2014-2018, 2020-2021)
J.D., with highest honors, Rutgers University School of Law at Camden
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Delaware; Phi Beta Kappa
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Clarence Thomas, Supreme Court of the United States (2008-2009)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable David B. Sentelle, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (2007-2008)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Michael Chertoff, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2004-2005)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Jerome B. Simandle, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (2002-2004)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Eighth, Tenth, Federal, and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, District of New Jersey, and Eastern District of Texas
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 44 Wiley Lawyers Across Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 11, 2021
- Press ReleaseWiley’s Appellate Team Changes Name to Issues and Appeals PracticeMay 24, 2021
- AlertIn Huge Win for Telecommunications Industry, 5G, and Broadband, Ninth Circuit Upholds Vast Majority of FCC Infrastructure OrdersMegan L. Brown, Claire J. Evans, Christopher S. Huther, Joshua S. Turner, Sara M. BaxenbergAugust 13, 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Helps Persuade Ninth Circuit to Uphold FCC Orders Speeding Broadband and 5G Infrastructure DeploymentAugust 12, 2020