Chris represents clients on international trade law and policy matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, global trade policy and trade negotiations, export control regulations, trade sanctions regulations, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Represents clients in trade litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), the U.S. Court of International Trade, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represents clients before Congress and the Executive branch on potential changes to U.S. trade laws, trade remedies, and trade negotiations.
- Advises clients on export controls and economic sanctions administered by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Provides guidance to clients regarding the FCPA, including internal audits and investigations, compliance programs, and acquisition due diligence.
- Law Clerk, U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts, Criminal Division (2002)
- Professional Staff Member, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee (2000-2001)
- Deputy Legislative Director and Legislative Assistant to U.S. Senator Paul D. Coverdell (1999-2000)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in International Trade Law (2014)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for International by Super Lawyers magazine (2013-2015)
J.D., Duke University School of Law
B.A., cum laude, Middlebury College
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Related News & Insights
- AlertUnited States Notifies Intent to Appeal WTO Panel Reports on Section 232 Steel and Aluminum MeasuresAlan H. Price, Robert E. DeFrancesco, III, Laura El-Sabaawi, Christopher B. Weld, Adam M. TeslikJanuary 30, 2023
- AlertU.S. International Trade Commission Opens Investigation into Impact of Section 232 and Section 301 DutiesAlan H. Price, Timothy C. Brightbill, Hon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Maureen E. Thorson, Christopher B. WeldMay 6, 2022
- AlertMore Changes to Buy American ActTessa Capeloto, Kevin J. Maynard, Christopher B. Weld, Cara L. SizemoreMarch 9, 2022
- AlertBiden Administration Announces Significant New Initiatives to Support Clean U.S. ManufacturingAlan H. Price, Timothy C. Brightbill, Christopher B. Weld, Theodore P. BrackemyreFebruary 16, 2022