Chris is an experienced litigator, appearing regularly before federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and state regulatory commissions. He also appears on behalf of clients in a variety of alternative dispute resolution settings, including arbitrations and mediations.
- Represents communications companies, industry associations, and equipment manufacturers in complex litigation in federal and state courts and in regulatory proceedings before federal agencies and state commissions.
- Counsels wireless and wireline clients on infrastructure deployment strategies, including joint use and pole attachment issues.
- Represents clients in agency rulemakings, investigations, and enforcement proceedings, including FCC Pole Attachment Complaint proceedings and FTC Civil Investigative Demands.
- Advises clients on all joint use and pole attachment issues, including contract negotiation, rate-setting methodologies, make-ready, and surveys and joint audits.
- Negotiates, mediates, and arbitrates commercial disputes, including contract, infrastructure, and regulatory disputes.
- Counsels clients on compliance with state and federal telecommunications and advertising laws and regulations, and assists in the development of regulatory strategies.
- Provides advice about domestic and international competition policy, universal service and E-Rate compliance, equipment authorizations, and communications cost models and methodologies.
- Represented numerous foreign airlines in challenges to new airport terminal charges at the Newark International Airport and the Los Angeles International Airport.
- Represents corporate and individual clients before trial and appellate courts on a broad array of civil and criminal matters.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Advisory Board, Bloomberg BNA's Communications Environmental & Land Use Report (CELULR)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Board of Directors, International Telecommunications Society (ITS) (2006-2011)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Telecom and Broadcast Regulatory Law (2010-2012, 2015-2020)
- Named Legal Elite, Readers Pick Top Local Attorneys by Washington SmartCEO (2009-2010)
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., cum laude, Radford University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Eighth, and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
Related News & Insights
- AlertIn Huge Win for Telecommunications Industry, 5G, and Broadband, Ninth Circuit Upholds Vast Majority of FCC Infrastructure OrdersMegan L. Brown, Claire J. Evans, Christopher S. Huther, Joshua S. Turner, Sara M. BaxenbergAugust 13, 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Helps Persuade Ninth Circuit to Uphold FCC Orders Speeding Broadband and 5G Infrastructure DeploymentAugust 12, 2020
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 41 Wiley Lawyers Across Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 11, 2020
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 37 Wiley Rein Lawyers Across Six Practice Areas NationallyJune 3, 2019