Cecilia serves as a consultant to Wiley. She has extensive experience in intellectual property, including domestic and foreign patent prosecution of applications directed to biochemical, immunological, medical, biopharmaceutical and biotechnological arts. In addition, she regularly collaborates with the Firm’s attorneys on exposure assessments of federally regulated food packaging materials and other food-contact articles.
- Prepares patentability, freedom-to-operate and validity opinions, and due diligence memoranda.
- Assists attorneys in various litigation matters such as reviews of discovery and production documents.
- Assists in preparing deposition designations and counter-designations.
- Performs exposure calculations for Food and Drug Administration Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) determinations and Letter of No Objection (LNO) requests for recycled plastics.
- Contract Registered Patent Agent (2009-2013)
- Visiting Scientist, Rutgers University, Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience (1997-1998)
- Research Instructor and Laboratory Manager, Georgetown University Medical Center, Lombardi Cancer Center (1995-1997)
- Senior Postdoctoral Fellow & Research Associate, Rutgers University, Department of Biological Sciences (1989-1995)
- Charles and Johanna Busch Postdoctoral Fellow, Rutgers University, Waksman Institute (1987-1989)
- American Association for the Advancement of Sciences (AAAS)
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- Patent Information Users Group (PIUG)
- St. John’s Institute Golden Jubilee Top 50 in 50 Years Award (2009)