Cecilia serves as a consultant to Wiley. She has extensive experience in intellectual property, including domestic and foreign patent prosecution of applications directed to biochemical, immunological, medical, biopharmaceutical and biotechnological arts.
- Prepares patentability, freedom-to-operate and validity opinions, and due diligence memoranda.
- Assists attorneys in various litigation matters such as reviews of discovery and production documents.
- Assists in preparing deposition designations and counter-designations.
- Contract Registered Patent Agent (2009-2013)
- Visiting Scientist, Rutgers University, Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience (1997-1998)
- Research Instructor and Laboratory Manager, Georgetown University Medical Center, Lombardi Cancer Center (1995-1997)
- Senior Postdoctoral Fellow & Research Associate, Rutgers University, Department of Biological Sciences (1989-1995)
- Charles and Johanna Busch Postdoctoral Fellow, Rutgers University, Waksman Institute (1987-1989)
- St. John’s Institute Golden Jubilee Top 50 in 50 Years Award (2009)
M. Phil. & Ph.D., Pathobiology, Columbia University
B.S., Med. Tech., cum laude, University of Santo Tomas, Philippines
Bar and Court Memberships
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office