Bruce serves as senior counsel to Wiley and his practice focuses on business litigation. He also has particular experience in copyright enforcement, emerging privacy issues, and in federal and state regulation of food, drugs, medical devices, and environmental hazards, including product liability issues, as well as the Commerce Clause and First Amendment implications of product marketing. Bruce has been named by Corporate Counsel magazine for excellence in business litigation and repeatedly recognized in the Best Lawyers in America directory for distinction in commercial and intellectual property litigation.
- Represents clients in complex intellectual property litigation and product liability litigation, as well as interstate commerce, First Amendment, and privacy matters.
- Extensive experience in coordinating the defense of asbestos and other "mass tort" litigation, including class action defense.
- Extensive experience in legislative drafting, rulemaking proceedings, and litigation before federal regulatory agencies.
- Lieutenant Junior Grade, U.S. Coast Guard (1966-1970)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia (BADC)
- Federal Bar Association (FBA)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory for Commercial Litigation (1989-2021) and for Intellectual Property Litigation (2012-2021)
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
LL.M., The George Washington University Law School
LL.B., Harvard Law School
A.B., Harvard University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia
Related News & Insights
- Press Release28 Wiley Attorneys Recognized Across 17 Practice Areas in 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®August 20, 2020
- NewsletterHealth Care Privacy Lawsuit Tees Up Next Standing Battleground in Privacy Cases – With Implications for Use of De-Identified DataPrivacy In FocusMay 2020
- NewsletterCampaigns, Beware of Using Copyrighted Material!Election Law NewsJuly 2019
- NewsletterThe Spokeo Decision Closes the Courthouse Door, PartlyPrivacy In FocusJune 2016