Brandon currently serves as senior engineering advisor to Wiley, where he provides spectrum engineering and policy expertise for a range of wireless and satellite communications clients. He draws on more than 25 years of extensive communication systems design, development, and analysis background in the private sector and has used that experience to provide technical consulting support for a range of regulatory and spectrum issues. Brandon has written technical reports and briefings for presentation at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics (RTCA), and other technical standards and regulatory bodies.
- Serves as technical consultant for geostationary and non-geostationary satellite communications operators on regulatory and spectrum interests, performing interference and compatibility assessments, conducting frequency coordinations, and formulating and presenting technical policy positions.
- Assists satellite operators in submitting space station and earth station applications and licenses, both domestically for the FCC as well as international filings for the ITU.
- Consults with wireless and satellite clients on ITU World Radio Conference (WRC) activities and represents their interests in the relevant ITU-R Study Groups.
- Communication systems engineering background includes managing satellite communications IR&D programs for development of advanced system testbeds, custom waveforms, and antenna designs; providing assessment of signal vulnerability and counterintelligence threats for U.S. government sponsors; and the design, deployment, testing, and optimization of mobile wireless networks in various U.S. markets.
- Engineering Manager and Principal Systems Engineer, Harris Corporation (2001-2017)
- Senior Communications Engineer, Winstar Communications, Advanced Technologies Group (1999-2001)
- Principal Engineer, Comsearch, Wireless Engineering Division (1996-1999)
- Technical Staff Member, The MITRE Corporation, Signal Processing and Advanced Technologies Department (1992-1995)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Tau Beta Pi and Eta Kappa Nu Engineering Honor Societies
- Harris Corporation Industry Recognition Award for Spectrum Engineering Excellence (2016)
M.S.E.E., University of Kansas
B.S.E.E., University of Kansas
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Related News & Insights
- AlertFCC Opens Inquiry into Potential Receiver StandardsMegan L. Brown, Katy J. Milner, Joshua S. Turner, Tawanna D. Lee, Charles S. Farlow, Brandon L. HintonApril 25, 2022
- AlertEagerly Anticipated Small Satellite Rules Near Effective DateHenry Gola, Jennifer D. Hindin, Brandon L. HintonJuly 17, 2020
- AlertFCC Adopts New Rules for Small Satellite LicensingJennifer D. Hindin, Anna M. Gomez, Brandon L. Hinton, Madeleine M. LottenbachAugust 5, 2019