Ashley represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability policies. She also serves as defense counsel for lawyers and other professionals in pending professional liability lawsuits, threatened claims, and in response to subpoenas.
Obtained ruling by California federal court granting management liability insurer’s motion to dismiss lawsuit seeking coverage for securities class action based on prior acts exclusion barring coverage for claims arising out of wrongful acts before policy inception. Jayhawk Private Equity Fund II LP v. Liberty Ins. Underwriters, Inc., No. 17-cv-5523 (C.D. Cal. June 7, 2018).
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Drafts pleadings addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Intern, Children’s Defense Fund, Juvenile Justice Policy Group (2015)
- Intern, U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, Program Legal Group (2014)
- Secondary Social Studies Teacher, Teach for America, Duval County Public Schools (2010-2012)
- Intern, Richard W. Riley Institute, Diversity Leaders Initiative (2009-2010)
- Intern, Law in Action, Office of Stephen J. Henry (2008)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Insurance Coverage by Super Lawyers magazine (2019-2020)
J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, Furman University
Member, Federal Circuit Bar Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterTexas Court Holds “Instrumental Act” in Appraisal Litigation is Execution of MergerExecutive SummarySeptember 2020
- NewsletterNegligent Failure to Supervise Claim Barred by Misappropriation of Trade Secrets ExclusionExecutive SummaryJuly 2020
- NewsletterBreach of Contract Claim Not Barred By Fraud ExclusionExecutive SummaryJune 2020
- NewsletterNinth Circuit Holds Demand Letter and Suit Alleging Same Wrongful Acts Are Not Necessarily a Single Claim Where Policy Lacks Related Claims ProvisionExecutive SummaryApril 2020