Andrew routinely counsels political candidates, federal officeholders, corporations, trade associations, and other organizations in complying with state and federal campaign finance, ethics and lobbying laws.
- Assists candidates, corporations and trade associations in complying with campaign finance, ethics, lobbying, and other areas of political law.
- Defends and assists clients in enforcement proceedings before the Federal Election Commission (FEC), House Ethics Committee inquiries, and grand jury investigations.
- Prepares advisory opinion request letters for clients seeking formal advice in complying with federal and state campaign finance laws.
- Represents clients in negotiations with the FEC's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) office.
- Counsels candidates running for federal office at all stages of the electoral process.
- Litigates in state and federal court to protect clients' First Amendment rights.
- Counsel, Federal Election Commission, Office of Commissioner Lee E. Goodman (2013-2015)
- White House Intern, Office of the Counsel to the President (2003)
- Legal Clerk, Republican National Committee, Redistricting Division (2002)
- Legislative Assistant, Office of U.S. Representative Eric Cantor (2001)
- The Council on Governmental Ethics Laws (COGEL)
- Public Affairs Council (PAC)
- State Government Affairs Council (SGAC)
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., University of Virginia
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Fourth, Fifth, and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterFEC Back in Business, Elects New Chair and Vice-Chair for 2021Election Law NewsJanuary 2021
- NewsletterPAC Compliance: End-of-Cycle PAC Audits and Other Recommended HousekeepingElection Law NewsJanuary 2021
- AlertChanges at the FEC in 2020Michael E. Toner, Lee E. Goodman, D. Mark Renaud, Andrew G. Woodson, Brandis L. ZehrDecember 9, 2020
- NewsletterThe Biden Transition and Presidency: What to Expect in Ethics, Lobbying, and Campaign Finance Regulation and ReformElection Law NewsNovember 2020