Andrew routinely counsels political candidates, officeholders, corporations, and other organizations in complying with state and federal campaign finance, ethics, and lobbying laws. During election years, Andrew reviews tens of millions of dollars in political spending for the firm’s business and political clients, and he has responded to more than two dozen administrative complaints filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and state election agencies. Andrew has also litigated some of the country’s most important campaign finance and lobbying-related cases over the past two decades. As a former counsel to an FEC Chairman, his insights and opinions are also routinely sought by those covering the FEC and seeking to understand agency operations.
- Defends and assists clients in enforcement proceedings before the FEC, House Ethics Committee inquiries, and grand jury investigations.
- Counsels both established and start-up technology companies concerning their obligations under the campaign finance laws.
- Works with corporate clients to audit political activities and, when necessary, make sua sponte submissions to the FEC.
- Reviews political advertising for campaign finance compliance, potential defamation issues, intellectual property risks, and other concerns.
- Prepares advisory opinion request letters for clients seeking formal advice in complying with federal and state campaign finance laws.
- Represents clients in negotiations with the FEC's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) office.
- Counsels candidates running for federal office at all stages of the electoral process.
- Counsel, Federal Election Commission, Office of Commissioner Lee E. Goodman (2013-2015)
- White House Intern, Office of the Counsel to the President (2003)
- Legal Clerk, Republican National Committee, Redistricting Division (2002)
- Legislative Assistant, Office of U.S. Representative Eric Cantor (2001)
- The Council on Governmental Ethics Laws (COGEL)
- Public Affairs Council (PAC)
- State Government Affairs Council (SGAC)
- The Federalist Society
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., University of Virginia
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Fourth, Fifth, and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterJury Awards $8.2 Million to Candidate Defamed by Super PAC’s AdElection Law NewsSeptember 2022
- NewsletterFEC Emergency Rule Affirms Greater Donor Disclosure Requirements for Nonprofits, But Leaves Unanswered QuestionsElection Law NewsJuly 2022
- NewsletterSCOTUS Sides with Ted Cruz in FEC Loan Repayment DisputeElection Law NewsMay 2022
- NewsletterFEC Fines Corporations Nearly $1 Million After Foreign CEO Gets Involved in Super PAC ContributionsElection Law NewsMay 2022