Andrew routinely counsels political candidates, federal officeholders, corporations, trade associations, and other organizations in complying with state and federal campaign finance, ethics and lobbying laws.
- Assists candidates, corporations and trade associations in complying with campaign finance, ethics, lobbying, and other areas of political law.
- Defends and assists clients in enforcement proceedings before the Federal Election Commission (FEC), House Ethics Committee inquiries, and grand jury investigations.
- Prepares advisory opinion request letters for clients seeking formal advice in complying with federal and state campaign finance laws.
- Represents clients in negotiations with the FEC's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) office.
- Counsels candidates running for federal office at all stages of the electoral process.
- Litigates in state and federal court to protect clients' First Amendment rights.
- Counsel, Federal Election Commission, Office of Commissioner Lee E. Goodman (2013-2015)
- White House Intern, Office of the Counsel to the President (2003)
- Legal Clerk, Republican National Committee, Redistricting Division (2002)
- Legislative Assistant, Office of U.S. Representative Eric Cantor (2001)
- The Council on Governmental Ethics Laws (COGEL)
- Public Affairs Council (PAC)
- State Government Affairs Council (SGAC)
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., University of Virginia
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Fourth, Fifth, and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterFEC Warns Business About Use of Company Logo in Campaign AdElection Law NewsCaleb P. Burns, Andrew G. WoodsonMay 2019
- NewsletterFederal Judge Rebuffs Congressional Bid to Eliminate Super PACsElection Law NewsAndrew G. WoodsonMarch 2019
- NewsletterFormer Lobbyist Indicted for Providing Bogus Lobbying Report to InvestigatorsElection Law NewsJan Witold Baran, Andrew G. WoodsonJanuary 2019
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Supreme Court Brief, Filed on Behalf of U.S. Chamber, Challenges the Right of State and Local Governments to Impose Excessive FinesCarol A. Laham, Bert W. Rein, Andrew G. WoodsonSeptember 11, 2018