Wiley Releases 2022 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Report
Washington, DC – Wiley, a preeminent DC law firm, has released its 2022 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Report, highlighting significant progress the firm made in its DEI efforts last year.
“In 2022, Wiley transitioned from primarily virtual operations to a new hybrid operating model that focused on inclusion,” said Wiley Chief Diversity Officer Rashida MacMurray-Abdullah. “Technology afforded us the opportunity to seamlessly connect, whether we were in person or remote. Throughout the year, we focused on allyship and supporting each other as we adapted to this new working style.”
In 2022, Wiley took a strategic approach to advancing diversity across the firm through recruiting efforts and targeted programming. Some of the year’s highlights include:
- Promoting 50% women to partner/of counsel for the third year in a row
- Increasing the percentage of partners who are women, racially and ethnically diverse, or LGBTQIA+ by 2%
- Recruiting a Summer Associate class that was 92% racially and ethnically diverse
- Providing “Unconscious Bias” training for attorneys and business professionals at the firm
- Engaging the firm and broader client community through heritage month events and networking opportunities
- Advancing Wiley’s reach in the greater Washington DC community through generous charitable giving and pro bono initiatives
As a result of the firm’s efforts and commitment to DEI, Wiley was recognized with numerous awards last year – including the Dell Technologies 2022 “Law Firm Diversity” award as well as the Diversity and Flexibility Alliance’s “Tipping the Scales” award for the third year in a row.
In 2023, Wiley will prioritize efforts to connect DEI to firm goals, including deepening our partnerships with clients on shared diversity priorities and promoting an inclusive-leader mindset in everything we do.
“Wiley is deeply committed to enhancing diversity in the legal industry,” said Managing Partner Peter D. Shields. “We are constantly reevaluating how we can create a more inclusive culture, be inclusive leaders, and partner with clients on opportunities to innovate.”
- Managing Partner
- Chief Diversity Officer
Director of Communications
Senior Communications Manager