As Managing Partner of Wiley, Peter is responsible for the overall management of the firm, and development and implementation of the firm’s long-term strategy focusing on client service, value billing, operational efficiencies, diversity, and tactical growth. In this role, he chairs the Executive and Management Committees and leads the firm’s efforts to provide exceptional, effective, and value-based legal services.
Peter is committed to a wide range of community activities in Washington, DC, and has been instrumental in the growth of the firm’s pro bono program—increasing the firm-wide pro bono hours and appointing a full-time Pro Bono Partner to further focus on engaging the firm’s professionals to participate in community efforts.
Peter has 25 years of experience working with clients in all sectors of the communications and telecommunications industry. His broad practice is largely focused on providing regulatory and public policy advocacy to wireline telephone companies, wireless carriers, and other providers of satellite, video, and other communications services. Peter is a former President of the Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA).
Regulatory and Policy Matters:
- Advises large telecommunications carriers on policy and advocacy matters and helps to create and execute strategies to attain their business objectives.
- Routinely assists telecom, wireless, and international clients with developing and implementing regulatory strategies, representing them before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and state regulatory commissions.
- Advises clients on regulatory compliance and transactional matters including structure, assignments, and foreign ownership issues.
- Counsels clients on matters relating to state regulatory approvals or certifications, as well as new certifications for additional lines of business and approvals for new investments into regulated companies.
- N Street Village, Chair, Board of Directors
- Washington Performing Arts, Board Member
- CityDance, Board Member
- STABLE Arts, Chair, Board of Directors
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Past President
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” in Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory for Communications Law
- Recipient of Washington Business Journal’s C-Suite Award, Managing Partner
- Named one of DC's “Super Lawyers” for Communications by Super Lawyers magazine
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law
B.A., with honors, State University of New York College at Cortland
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Receives Diversity & Flexibility Alliance 2021 ‘Tipping the Scales’ RecognitionNovember 10, 2021
- Press ReleaseWiley Promotes Jennifer Hindin to Co-Chair Telecom, Media & Technology PracticeNovember 9, 2021
- Press Release31 Wiley Attorneys Recognized Across 17 Practice Areas in 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®August 19, 2021
- Press ReleaseCharles McKee, Veteran Telecom and Government Affairs Lawyer, Joins Wiley’s TMT PracticeMay 3, 2021