As Managing Partner of Wiley, Peter is responsible for the overall management of the firm, and development and implementation of the firm’s long-term strategy focusing on client service, value billing, operational efficiencies, diversity, and tactical growth. In this role, he chairs the Executive and Management Committees and leads the firm’s efforts to provide exceptional, effective, and value-based legal services.
Peter is committed to a wide range of community activities in Washington, DC, and has been instrumental in the growth of the firm’s pro bono program—increasing the firm-wide pro bono hours and appointing a full-time Pro Bono Partner to further focus on engaging the firm’s professionals to participate in community efforts.
Peter has 25 years of experience working with clients in all sectors of the communications and telecommunications industry. His broad practice is largely focused on providing regulatory and public policy advocacy to wireline telephone companies, wireless carriers, and other providers of satellite, video, and other communications services. Peter is a former President of the Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA).
Regulatory and Policy Matters:
- Advises large telecommunications carriers on policy and advocacy matters and helps to create and execute strategies to attain their business objectives.
- Routinely assists telecom, wireless, and international clients with developing and implementing regulatory strategies, representing them before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and state regulatory commissions.
- Advises clients on regulatory compliance and transactional matters including structure, assignments, and foreign ownership issues.
- Counsels clients on matters relating to state regulatory approvals or certifications, as well as new certifications for additional lines of business and approvals for new investments into regulated companies.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Leadership Summit, Harvard Law School (2016)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- President (2002-2003)
- Co-Chair, PLI/FCBA Annual Telecommunications Policy and Regulation Institute (2010-2014)
- Board of Trustees, Legal Aid Society of DC
- National Advisory Board, The NALP Foundation for Law Career Research and Education
- Chair, Board of Directors, N Street Village
- Board Member, Washington Performing Arts
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” in Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory for Communications Law (2018-2019)
- Named one of DC’'s “Super Lawyers” for Administrative Law (2013) and Communications (2014-2018) by Super Lawyers magazine
- Named one of City Year Washington, DC’s Idealists of the Year (2011)
- Named Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year by the District of Columbia Bar for work on behalf of victims of domestic violence (1993-1994)
- Distinguished Service Award, Federal Communications Bar Association (1997-1998)
- Washington Business Journal's C-Suite Award, Managing Partner (2017)
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law
B.A., with honors, State University of New York College at Cortland
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Earns 100% Score on Human Rights Campaign’s LGBTQ Workplace Equality ListJanuary 21, 2020
- Press ReleaseIt’s Official: Wiley Rein Is Now Wiley!January 15, 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Announces Partner and Of Counsel Promotions for 2020December 3, 2019
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Recognizes 19 Individuals in Seventh Annual Pro Bono Program CelebrationOctober 29, 2019