Natalia is an associate in the firm’s Litigation and Global Disputes groups. She represents and advises private companies in a variety of complex litigation matters and international disputes in state and federal courts as well as before arbitral tribunals.
She has experience in disputes in a wide range of industries, including energy, real estate, manufacturing, and technology. Her practice also includes litigation related to the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act and the Federal Arbitration Act, as well as regulatory investigations.
Natalia is also active in pro bono matters, successfully representing clients in state and federal courts in criminal appeals and civil rights actions.
Prior to starting in a private practice, Natalia worked at leading international arbitration institutions advising and managing international cases.
- Represented a European oil and gas company in relation to its long-term U.S. LNG supply agreement and construction of a multibillion dollar LNG plant in an International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) arbitration and court related proceedings.
- Represented a South American industrial company in a multi-party International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration seated in Geneva arising out of exclusive license agreements.
- Represented a U.S. medical device company in an ICC arbitration seated in New York arising out of an international distribution contract.
- Represented a large European aluminum company in an ICC arbitration seated in Geneva arising out of a long-term lease agreement.
- Counseled industrial companies regarding global enforcement of trade secrets misappropriation and unfair competition claims.
- Represented a multibillion-dollar athletic performance company in connection with an SEC investigation regarding misrepresentation of sales data.
- Represented pro bono foreign soldiers in the U.S. Army challenging U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) policies halting their naturalization applications.
- Private Law Practice (2017-2021)
- Trainee, Asian International Arbitration Centre (2017)
- Legal Intern, International Law Institute (2015)
- Legal Intern, Beijing Arbitration Commission (2014)
J.D., Washington University in St. Louis
M.B.A., Washington University in St. Louis
B.A., University College Utrecht
Senior Editor, Global Studies Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertThe Door Closes on Section 1782 Discovery: U.S. Supreme Court Interprets Controversial Law with Decisive Consequences for International ArbitrationGregory M. Williams, Tatiana Sainati, Joshua B. Simmons, Natalia Maria SzlarbJune 13, 2022
- Press ReleaseWiley Files Amicus Brief in Support of Request of Writ of Certiorari to Protect Prisoners’ Religious FreedomJune 6, 2022
- ArticleRenewable Energy Disputes – Answers in ArbitrationInternational Chamber of Commerce (ICC)Joshua B. Simmons, Natalia Maria SzlarbSeptember 23, 2021