Mallory represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability policies, with a focus on media, technology, and privacy-related exposures. She routinely advises insurers in connection with cyber insurance and other first- and third-party technology risks.
- Counsels insurers on first-party claims involving cyber-related incidents, including claims for business interruption, data restoration, cyber extortion, and other first-party coverages.
- Represents insurers for third-party claims arising from cyber-and privacy-related matters, including for technology-related professional services.
- Advises insurers on media liability exposures and associated claims.
- Conducts legal research and drafts pleadings addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Assists in monitoring complex litigation in state and federal courts and counsels professional liability insurers on coverage issues with respect to such litigation.
- Legal Intern, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2018)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of General Counsel, Marketing, Regulatory, and Food Safety Division (2017)
J.D., summa cum laude, Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University
B.A., magna cum laude, College of William and Mary
Senior Research Editor, George Mason Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostOver $141 Million in Trading Losses for Illegal Trade Deemed “Direct Financial Loss” for “Malicious Act”Wiley Executive SummaryMallory MeaneyApril 21, 2022
- Blog PostSettlement Paid to States to Resolve HIPAA and Consumer Protection Law Claims Constitutes Non-Covered “Fines and Penalties”Wiley Executive SummaryMallory MeaneyMarch 24, 2022
- EventPatently Covered: Underwriting & Claims Issues for Intellectual Property InsuranceABA Litigation Section 2022 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE SeminarMarch 4, 2022
- Blog PostLawyer’s Professional Liability Insurer has Duty to Defend Suit Alleging Sexual Assault of ClientWiley Executive SummaryMallory MeaneyDecember 14, 2021