Lauren advises telecommunications, media, technology, and fintech clients on a variety of regulatory and compliance matters.
- Counsels clients on compliance, cybersecurity, and consumer protection issues related to emerging technologies, including cryptocurrencies, blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI), and Internet of Things (IoT), at state and federal levels.
- Counsels clients on full range of privacy, data security, and data governance obligations under federal and state law, including under the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTC Act), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Privacy and Safeguards Rules, and California law (CCPA/CPRA).
- Represents clients before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and state attorneys general in enforcement actions and investigations, and counsels clients on compliance with agency policy and rules.
- Counsels clients on legal questions relating to the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA).
- Legal Intern, LabCFTC (2020)
- Legal Analyst, Arizona Attorney General’s Office (2017-2019)
- Policy and Research Analyst, Charles Koch Institute (2016)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Women’s Bar Association (WBA)
- The Federalist Society
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.S., summa cum laude, Arizona Christian University
Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Law & Business Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterWiley Consumer Protection Download (December 4, 2023)Wiley Consumer Protection DownloadDecember 4, 2023
- Blog PostCalifornia Previews Draft Regulations for Automated Decision-Making Technology, Promising More to Come in 2024Wiley ConnectDuane C. Pozza, Kathleen E. Scott, Joan Stewart, Scott Bouboulis, Lauren N. JohnsonNovember 29, 2023
- Blog PostCongress Ramps Up Its Focus on Artificial IntelligenceWiley ConnectLauren N. Johnson, Crystal Tully, Stephanie RigizadehNovember 21, 2023
- ArticleBiden Administration Looks at Harmonizing Cyber Regulations Amidst Flurry of New ActivityPratt's Privacy & Cybersecurity Law ReportMegan L. Brown, Kevin B. Muhlendorf, Kara M. Sacilotto, Kathleen E. Scott, Jacqueline F. "Lyn" Brown, Lauren N. JohnsonNovember 20, 2023