Karen advises clients on compliance with federal and state campaign finance, ethics, and lobbying rules and reporting requirements, with the guidance of lawyers in the firm.
- Working closely with lawyers in the firm, Karen:
- Advises candidates, political committees, corporations, and trade associations on campaign finance, ethics, and lobbying rules and reporting requirements.
- Advises clients on compliance with the Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) and its detailed reporting requirements.
- Assists clients with reporting to state and local election authorities and the Federal Election Commission (FEC).
- Provides advice to candidates and officeholders concerning personal financial disclosure report (PFD) filing requirements.
- Senior Campaign Finance Analyst (2006-2007) and Campaign Finance Analyst (2004-2006), Federal Election Commission, Reports Analysis Division
- The Council on Governmental Ethics Laws (COGEL)
- Public Affairs Council (PAC)
- State Government Affairs Council (SGAC)
- Women in Government Relations (WGR)
M.P.P., The George Washington University
B.A., cum laude, Muhlenberg College
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseMichael Toner and Karen Trainer Co-Author Book Chapter on Emerging Campaign Finance Trends – and their Impact on 2022 Midterm Elections and BeyondAugust 7, 2023
- NewsletterMaryland Pay-to-Play Report Due May 31Election Law NewsMay 23, 2023
- Newsletter2023-2024 Contribution LimitsElection Law NewsMarch 2023
- NewsletterAnnual New Jersey Pay-to-Play Filing Due March 30Election Law NewsMarch 2023