Josh advises clients on a wide range of cybersecurity, national security, insider threat, ransomware, and privacy issues. Before joining Wiley, he served for over a decade at a federal law enforcement agency and worked at a leading professional services firm. His experience includes developing and executing federal interagency policy initiatives, including two Presidential Policy Directives, and conducting compliance activities for national security and criminal investigations.
- Assists clients in developing and implementing cybersecurity plans and procedures. Provides advice on federal cybersecurity regulations and policies, including incident reporting and threat indicator sharing.
- Counsels telecommunications clients on law enforcement legal process matters.
- Advises clients in proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission, National Institute of Standards and Technology, and other state and federal agencies.
- Counsels clients on a variety of FCC programs and regulations, including importation, pre-marketing, labeling, EEO, and telecommunications relay services.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (2010-2022)
- Professional Staff: Critical Incident Response Group, Office of the Director/Deputy Director, Boston and Washington, DC Field Offices
- Principal Consultant, BAE Systems/Detica/DFI International (2005-2010)
- Intern, Office of Senator Edward M. Kennedy (MA) (2004-2005)
J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School, Order of the Coif
A.B., Princeton University
Notes Editor, The George Washington Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostFTC Joins the Cloud Security DiscussionWiley ConnectMegan L. Brown, Duane C. Pozza, Tyler Bridegan, Lauren N. Johnson, Joshua K. WaldmanMarch 27, 2023
- AlertNTIA Seeks Input on National Spectrum StrategySara M. Baxenberg, Scott D. Delacourt, Meredith G. Singer, Joshua K. WaldmanMarch 16, 2023
- AlertNational Cybersecurity Strategy Outlines A New Era of Cybersecurity RegulationMegan L. Brown, Kathleen E. Scott, Jacqueline F. "Lyn" Brown, Joshua K. WaldmanMarch 2, 2023
- Media MentionEx-CISA official Kolasky cites end to ‘purely voluntary’ cyber approach; attorney Brown sees accelerating shift to regulationInside CybersecurityJanuary 18, 2023