Joel advocates on behalf of corporate and individual clients in a broad spectrum of complex litigation matters. He has experience in all phases of litigation, from pre-suit counseling through appeal.
- Represented biotechnology company in breach-of-contract litigation in state court during bench trial and on appeal.
- Counseled immigration clients and represented them in federal, state, and immigration courts.
- Defended beverage manufacturer against commercial tort claims in arbitration.
- Represented insurance company in coverage disputes in federal and state courts.
- Litigation Associate, Private Law Practice (2017-2019)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, Office of Senator Mike Lee (2015-2017)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Edward J. McDonough Jr., Massachusetts Superior Court (2015)
- The Federalist Society
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., summa cum laude, Gordon College
Editor-in-Chief, vol. 15, Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Timothy J. Kelly, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2021-2022)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Raymond W. Gruender, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (2019-2021)
Bar and Court Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Massachusetts