Jennifer counsels and represents government contractors and subcontractors on a broad range of legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, investigations of alleged misconduct, and compliance issues.
- Prosecutes and defends bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Also has experience with state protests, including protests at the D.C. Contract Appeals Board.
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA) and Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA).
- Counsels clients on a wide range of government contract performance issues arising throughout the lifecycle of the contract.
- Advises clients on preparing and submitting requests for equitable adjustments, claims, and termination settlement proposals.
- Whistleblower Office Intern, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (2019)
- Family Justice Litigation Clinic, The George Washington University Law School (2019)
- Judicial Intern, Circuit Court for Prince George's County (2018)
J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., with honors, University of Delaware
The George Washington International Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Related News & Insights
- PodcastTikTok off the Clock: Navigating the TikTok Ban on Devices for Government ContractorsWiley Government Contracts PodcastCraig Smith, Tracye Winfrey Howard, Jennifer Eve RetenerAugust 16, 2023
- EventAsk the United States Court of Federal Claims JudgesAmerican Bar Association (ABA) Bid Protest CommitteeJune 6, 2023
- AlertFAR Council Publishes Interim Rule Banning TikTok on Contractor DevicesTracye Winfrey Howard, Jennifer Eve RetenerJune 5, 2023
- AlertDoD Provides Guidance on Economic Price Adjustments Amidst Growing Concerns Over InflationJohn R. Prairie, Jennifer Eve RetenerJune 2, 2022