Holly represents corporate clients and their executives in government and internal investigations, civil enforcement matters, and criminal investigations alleging false claims, financial institution fraud, securities fraud, health care fraud, money laundering, and public corruption.
- Represents a government contractor’s affiliate in a U.S. Department of Justice investigation resting on a theory of imputed criminal liability.
- Conducts internal investigations for government contractors to assess allegations of misconduct, evaluate potential exposure, and advise on appropriate disclosures or corrective actions.
- Represents government contractors in False Claims Act (FCA) litigation and government FCA investigations.
- Represents, pro bono, client from Honduras seeking asylum in front of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented a state supreme court justice in impeachment proceedings.
- Represented the State of West Virginia in large antitrust action against several private construction materials companies.
- Successfully negotiated a below-guidelines sentence for individual convicted of $4 million bank fraud.
- Represented the former owner of large skilled nursing facility company in a complex False Claims Act investigation into the company’s Medicare billing practices.
- Represented a physician in a False Claims Act investigation into his billing practices for the treatment of macular degeneration.
- Associate, Private Law Practice (2018-2019)
- Research Assistant, Professor Corinna Lain, The University of Richmond Law School (2016)
- Extern, the Honorable Robert E. Payne, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2016)
- Intern, the Honorable Michael J. Newman, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (2012)
*Not admitted to the District of Columbia Bar. Supervised by principals of the firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar.
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Richmond School of Law; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, Denison University
Manuscripts Editor, The University of Richmond Law Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Stephanie D. Thacker, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2017-2018)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (2016-2017)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar (*Pending, supervised by principals of the firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar)
- West Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia