Holly represents corporate clients and their executives in complex litigation, government and internal investigations, civil enforcement matters, and criminal investigations. Her experience is wide ranging and includes matters involving environmental litigation, false claims, financial institution fraud, securities fraud, health care fraud, money laundering, and public corruption. She has also advised on complex issues related to online sports wagering, including state licensure, Wire Act, and Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) issues.
Holly served as a law clerk for the Honorable Stephanie D. Thacker on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. In addition, she served as a law clerk for the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
- Represents a government contractor in large, complex Anti-Terrorism Act litigation related to the contractor’s hiring and employment of local nationals.
- Represents a government contractor’s affiliate in a U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation resting on a theory of imputed criminal liability.
- Represents secondary lead smelter in various regulatory matters and in complex litigation related to its health and safety measures.
- Represents electronic-waste recycler in large-scale Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) litigation.
- Represents a government contractor in a Defense Criminal Investigation Service fraud investigation regarding the contractor’s procurement practices.
- Represents individuals under investigation by the DOJ and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for securities and accounting fraud.
- Represented, pro bono, client from Honduras seeking asylum in front of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Advised online sports wagering company on state licensure, Wire Act, and Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) issues.
- Successfully obtained state licensure for online sports wagering company.
- Represented a state supreme court justice in impeachment proceedings.
- Represented the State of West Virginia in large antitrust action against several private construction materials companies resulting in $101 million settlement.
- Successfully negotiated a below-guidelines sentence for individual convicted of $4 million bank fraud.
- Associate, Private Law Practice (2018-2019)
- Research Assistant, Professor Corinna Lain, The University of Richmond Law School (2016)
- Extern, the Honorable Robert E. Payne, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2016)
- Intern, the Honorable Michael J. Newman, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (2012)
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Richmond School of Law; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, Denison University
Manuscripts Editor, The University of Richmond Law Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Stephanie D. Thacker, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2017-2018)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (2016-2017)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- West Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Related News & Insights
- AlertA Client Alert About Client Alerts – SEC Cites Alerts In Issuing $400,000 Fine Related to Whistleblower ProtectionsKevin B. Muhlendorf, Holly WilsonJune 30, 2022
- PodcastESG and SEC Enforcement: Securities & Exchange Commission v. Vale S.A and its Corporate TakeawaysWiley PodcastKevin B. Muhlendorf, Holly WilsonMay 31, 2022
- AlertSEC’s First ESG Enforcement Action Is Latest Move In Agency’s ESG EffortsKevin B. Muhlendorf, Holly Wilson, Martha E. MarrapeseMay 17, 2022
- ArticleTakeaways From DOJ Fraud Section’s 2021 Year in ReviewLaw360Kevin B. Muhlendorf, Brandon J. Moss, Holly WilsonFebruary 17, 2022