Elizabeth counsels and represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under various types of general liability and professional liability insurance policies, including liability policies issued to directors and officers, health care institutions, financial institutions, mutual funds, investment advisors, ERISA plans, insurance companies, insurance brokers, and lawyers. She has represented liability insurers in complex coverage litigation in both state and federal courts nationally.
She also has experience representing clients in various commercial litigation matters, including but not limited to actions for breach of contract and negligence.
- Advises companies regarding insurance coverage disputes and complex commercial litigation matters.
- Regularly represents professional liability insurers in coverage litigation before federal appellate, district, and bankruptcy courts, as well as state courts nationwide.
- Provides strategic advice to insurers in coverage matters involving policies issued to financial institutions, law firms, insurance companies, equity and investment companies, investment advisers, investment companies, and other public and private companies.
- Associate, Private law practice (2011-2020)
- Law Clerk, American Federation of Government Employees Local 12 (2009)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., Wake Forest University
Notes Editor, The Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and District of Maryland