Dale serves as Senior Counsel to Wiley. He formerly was the firm's General Counsel for ten years and Loss Prevention Partner for eighteen years and has extensive knowledge and experience in legal ethics. Dale also has extensive commercial and insurance-related litigation experience, including trial-level and appellate litigation involving complex, high-stakes disputes. In the insurance arena, Dale has represented several of the nation’s largest property and casualty insurers and reinsurers in litigation involving environmental claims, toxic torts, asbestos, construction defects, products liability, computer-related claims, property loss and business interruption claims, directors and officers, professional liability, and fraud matters.
- Counsels firm attorneys on ethical and professional liability issues, including compliance with professional rules of conduct and other legal standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Has represented liability insurers and commercial clients in trial and appellate litigation before federal and state courts nationwide.
- Has extensive experience in advising insurance carrier clients concerning bad faith issues.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Section of Litigation
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center; Order of the Coif
B.A., Cornell University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals