Cynthia represents clients in a variety of international trade matters, including customs law and international trade litigation (such as antidumping and countervailing duty cases). She has provided advice to clients in diverse industries, including steel products, footwear, consumer electronics, and lawn and garden products. Cynthia is also a licensed U.S. Customs Broker and has particular experience with issues including tariff classification, country of origin analyses, and post-entry procedures. As a former law clerk at the U.S. Court of International Trade, she brings a unique perspective to her practice. Cynthia, a certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Represents clients in trade litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), U.S. International Trade Commission, U.S. Court of International Trade, and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Assists clients in diverse industries, including footwear and consumer electronics, with U.S. Customs and Border Protection in obtaining ruling letters.
- Advises clients on compliance with economic sanctions and export controls maintained by the U.S. Department of State and DOC.
- Drafts articles on legal developments in international trade, commercial arbitration, and mediation law.
- Drafted opinions, orders, and letters on matters concerning international trade and U.S. customs law.
- Legal Intern, International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR Institute) (2013-2014)
- Summer Law Clerk, California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc. (2012)
- Judicial Intern, Magistrate Judge Chris M. McAliley, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2011)
- Summer Law Clerk, Asset Forfeiture, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida (2011)
- Intern, Office of Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (2009-2010)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of International Law
- Vice Chair, Publications, International Trade Committee
- Vice Chair, Diversity, International Arbitration Committee
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association (CITBA)
- Vice Chair, Meetings and Special Events Committee
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder (2019)
- Women in International Trade (WIIT)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory of “Ones to Watch” for Commercial Litigation (2021)
J.D., Cornell Law School
B.A., with high honors, Dartmouth College
General Editor, Cornell International Law Journal
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Delissa A. Ridgway, U.S. Court of International Trade (2014-2015)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Licensed U.S. Customs Broker
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- Press Release28 Wiley Attorneys Recognized Across 17 Practice Areas in 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®August 20, 2020
- AlertITC is Set to Open Public Comment Phase Under Miscellaneous Tariff Bill ProcessMaureen E. Thorson, Cynthia C. GalvezJanuary 10, 2020
- Press ReleaseU.S. Importers of Chinese Stainless Steel Flanges Caught Evading U.S. Trade Orders by Transshipping Through the PhilippinesOctober 11, 2019
- EventWhat You Need to Know About the Upcoming Miscellaneous Tariff Bill (MTB)October 9, 2019