Ashley represents professional liability insurers in coverage disputes involving claims against attorneys, accountants, real estate appraisers, and other professionals. She also serves as defense counsel for lawyers and accountants in pending professional liability lawsuits, threatened claims, and disciplinary proceedings.
- Represents attorneys and accountants in defending complex or high exposure malpractice, negligent misrepresentation, and defamation lawsuits.
- Provides ethics advice to law firms and represents attorneys before disciplinary authorities.
- Represents insurance carriers in state and federal trial and appellate courts around the country in coverage and “bad faith” cases.
- Counsels insurers on complex coverage, claims-handling, and compliance issues.
- Assists insurers in evaluating potential exposure from complex claims asserted against insured professionals.
- Assistant United States Attorney, United States Attorney’s Office, District of Maine (2018-2022)
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Henry H. Kennedy, Jr., U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2010-2011)
- Summer Law Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, Commercial Litigation Branch (2010)
- Named one of DC’s “Rising Stars” for Professional Liability: Defense by Super Lawyers magazine (2016-2018)
J.D., with highest honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif; Anne Wells Branscomb Award (for graduating first in the class of evening law students)
B.A., with highest distinction, Purdue University; Phi Beta Kappa
Managing Editor, The George Washington Law Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Deborah K. Chasanow, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (2012-2013)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maine Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Announces Partner and Counsel Promotions for 2023December 7, 2022
- Press ReleaseFormer Assistant U.S. Attorney Ashley Eiler Rejoins Wiley’s Insurance PracticeMay 16, 2022
- Blog PostLawsuit Arising Out of Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Did Not Seek “Damages”Wiley Executive SummaryAshley E. EilerSeptember 14, 2018
- Blog PostRegulatory Action Sublimit Unambiguously Applies to State Disciplinary Proceeding Against Life Insurance AgentWiley Executive SummaryAshley E. EilerMarch 22, 2018