Aldel advises insurers in complex coverage litigation before federal and state courts nationwide. Aldel’s practice primarily focuses on the intersection of insurance and bankruptcy law.
- Drafted a motion to dismiss and obtained dismissal for an excess insurance carrier based on the insured’s failure to allege a ripe controversy.
- Advised an insurer at mediation involved with a bankruptcy debtor who failed to fully disclose material assets to the bankruptcy estate.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Drafts motions and pleadings for insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Judicial Law Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York (2019-2020)
- Judicial Law Clerk, Rhode Island Superior Court (2017-2018)
J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., summa cum laude, Howard University; Phi Beta Kappa
Submissions Editor, Harvard Business Law Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Cecelia G. Morris, Chief Judge, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
- Law Clerk for the Rhode Island Superior Court
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostBusiness Enterprise Exclusions Bars Outside Entity ConductWiley Executive SummaryAldel M. L. BrownMay 17, 2023
- Blog PostFraud Exclusion, California Insurance Code Section 533 Preclude Coverage for Arbitration AwardWiley Executive SummaryAldel M. L. BrownApril 10, 2023
- Blog PostPolicy Definition of “Claim” Applies to Policy ApplicationWiley Executive SummaryAldel M. L. BrownFebruary 10, 2023
- Blog PostExcess Insurer Cannot Challenge Payments by Underlying CarriersWiley Executive SummaryAldel M. L. BrownSeptember 29, 2022