Adrienne serves as special counsel to Wiley. She represents clients in a variety of intellectual property matters, with a particular focus on trademark and copyright, enforcement and management, and litigation.
- Works with clients to implement effective intellectual property management and enforcement strategies.
- Represents clients in intellectual property litigation, from pre-suit investigation through appeal.
- Assists clients with trademark portfolio management including clearance, prosecution, maintenance, and counseling.
- Member of trial team that successfully defended a major wireless communications company in a multi-million dollar patent infringement lawsuit.
- Member of trial team that successfully defended a generic pharmaceutical company against claims of patent infringement in Hatch-Waxman litigation.
- Offers pro bono services through the Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless (WLCH), the D.C. Bar Association Pro Bono Program, and Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts (WALA).
- Successfully appealed the denial of a social security disability claim before an administrative law judge.
- Legal Intern, Office of the Federal Public Defender (2007)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Intellectual Property Litigation by Super Lawyers magazine (2013-2014, 2018)
J.D., William & Mary Law School
B.S., magna cum laude, The Ohio State University; Phi Beta Kappa
Executive Articles Editor, William and Mary Bill of Rights Journal
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Mary Ellen Coster Williams, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2014-2015)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas and Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Related News & Insights
- ArticleObvious-to-Try Lessons from Two Federal Circuit RulingsLaw360Neal Seth, Adrienne J. KosakMay 28, 2014
- ArticleSignificant Development Regarding Differential Pay for Federal Employees Mobilized Under “Voluntary” AuthorityService Members Law Center, Law Review 13160Scott A. Felder, Adrienne J. KosakDecember 2013