Adam represents clients in a variety of international trade matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty (AD/CVD) proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) and U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), appeals before the U.S. Court of International Trade (CIT) and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC), binational panel reviews under the U.S.-Canada-Mexico Agreement (USMCA) and former North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), and WTO litigation in cooperation with the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR). Adam has also represented clients in the context of Section 301 investigations before USTR and Section 232 investigations before DOC. Adam’s practice includes assisting clients in advancing trade policy priorities, especially in the context of U.S.-China economic relations and U.S. trade agreements.
- Represents domestic producers of steel mill and downstream products, including steel pipe and tube and fabricated structural steel, in AD/CVD proceedings before the DOC and USITC.
- Represents domestic producers of steel mill and downstream products, including steel pipe and tube and fabricated structural steel, in appellate matters before the CIT, CAFC, and NAFTA binational panels.
- Represents domestic producers with respect to Section 232 national security measures on imports of steel and aluminum.
- Advised domestic steel producers regarding domestic production requirements under Buy America rules and the Buy American Act.
- Represented U.S. aluminum producers in preparing WTO challenge of Chinese subsidies to the primary aluminum industry.
- Represented domestic industries advocating for China’s continued treatment as a non-market economy in antidumping investigations, under both U.S. law and China’s WTO Protocol of Accession.
- Intern, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR), Office of China Affairs (2010-2011)
- Research Fellow, U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC) (2009)
- Intern, Congressional-Executive Commission on China (CECC) (2008)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for International by Super Lawyers magazine (2018-2020, 2022-2023)
LL.M., Peking University Law School
J.D., cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
B.A., Washington University in St. Louis
Bar and Court Memberships
Related News & Insights
- AlertTreasury and IRS Provide Initial Guidance on Inflation Reduction Act Domestic Content Bonus Credit RequirementsRobert E. DeFrancesco, III, Laura El-Sabaawi, Kevin J. Maynard, Christopher B. Weld, Adam M. TeslikMay 17, 2023
- AlertUnited States Notifies Intent to Appeal WTO Panel Reports on Section 232 Steel and Aluminum MeasuresAlan H. Price, Robert E. DeFrancesco, III, Laura El-Sabaawi, Christopher B. Weld, Adam M. TeslikJanuary 30, 2023
- AlertAdministration Files Remand Results in Litigation Over Section 301 TariffsAlan H. Price, Maureen E. Thorson, Adam M. TeslikAugust 2, 2022
- PodcastFreedom Fund: Looking Towards a Financial NATOWiley PodcastAdam M. TeslikJune 15, 2022