Wiley’s experienced team includes attorneys fulfilling the roles of staff attorney, associates, special counsel, of counsel, and partner. Each attorney plays an integral part in our matters for our clients. And leanly staffed matters allow for all levels of attorneys to work together and learn together.
Life at Wiley
Wellness – We want our attorneys to be their best selves and we understand that means taking time for themselves and having support if help is needed. Wiley is proud to support our attorneys and make wellness a core firm value as we value our people above all else.
Professional Development - Our associates are an integral part of Wiley and play an important role in the firm’s continued growth and ability to serve our clients. We want our associates to succeed and to have long and meaningful careers. Our investment in the success of our associates include:
- Associates Committee – Comprised of partners and associates, the Committee designs and administers programs that enhance the professional development of the firm’s associates and plans social and community service events (because we know there is more to work than work!).
- Mentoring and Sponsorship – Wiley’s two-phase mentor program provides individualized support to developing attorneys at every stage in their career as our attorneys never stop learning and growing. Phase one mentors assist with the transition from law school and phase two sponsors are partners charged with helping sponsor our associates’ successful futures.
- Education, Training, and Practice – The firm holds over 100 in-house training programs each year to help our attorneys become the best they can be.
- Evaluation and Advancement - The firm has a comprehensive formal evaluation program that makes sure our associates are growing and developing as they navigate through their careers.
- Integration – Wiley offers robust integration plans for all attorneys so that new attorneys easily feel at home and learn what makes us unique – and excel.
Wiley offers competitive compensation, with our starting associate salary at $190,000. Associates receive lockstep compensation through their third year and afterwards are compensated on a merit-based system. Associates are expected to bill 1,950 hours.
- Choice of two PPO plans, or an HDHP health plan that is eligible for additional savings through a Health Savings Account
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Technology allowance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Group life insurance
- Pet insurance
- Employee assistance program
- On-site health screenings
- Access to on-site fitness facility and employee discount
- Monthly wellness activities and giveaways
- Flu shot clinic
- Private quiet room
- Mothers’ nursing suite
- Weight Watchers monthly pass
- On-site fitness classes
You, Your Family, and Your Future
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Emergency backup child and elder care
- Generous paid time-off package
- Group on-site parking program
- Retirement savings plan 401(k)
- Matching charitable donation program
- Qualified transportation program (pre-tax commuter benefits)
- Firm holiday party and summer picnic
Additional Benefits and Perks
- Bicycle storage room
- Mobile phone and plan discounts
- Fantastic downtown location, steps away from the Red, Blue, Orange, and Silver Metrorail lines
- Firm-sponsored softball and bowling leagues
- Jeans Fridays
- On-site tech support station and training loft
- Referral bonus program
- Shower and locker room facilities
- Social events and gatherings
- Steps from Farragut Square park, with summer Golden Triangle events
- Various corporate discounts, including entertainment, movies, hotels, flights, etc.
- Weekly continental breakfast