Wiley’s experienced team includes attorneys fulfilling the roles of practice attorney, associate, special counsel, of counsel, and partner. Each attorney plays an integral part in our matters for our clients. And leanly staffed matters allow for all levels of attorneys to work together and learn together.
Life at Wiley
Wellness – We want our attorneys to be their best selves and we understand that means taking time for themselves and having support if help is needed. Wiley is proud to support our attorneys and make wellness a core firm value as we value our people above all else.
Professional Development - Our associates are an integral part of Wiley and play an important role in the firm’s continued growth and ability to serve our clients. We want our associates to succeed and to have long and meaningful careers. Our investment in the success of our associates include:
- Associates Committee – Comprised of partners and associates, the Committee designs and administers programs that enhance the professional development of the firm’s associates and plans social and community service events (because we know there is more to work than work!).
- Mentoring and Sponsorship – Wiley’s two-phase mentor program provides individualized support to developing attorneys at every stage in their career as our attorneys never stop learning and growing. Phase one mentors assist with the transition from law school and phase two sponsors are partners charged with helping sponsor our associates’ successful futures.
- Education, Training, and Practice – The firm holds over 100 in-house training programs each year to help our attorneys become the best they can be.
- Evaluation and Advancement - The firm has a comprehensive formal evaluation program that makes sure our associates are growing and developing as they navigate through their careers.
- Integration – Wiley offers robust integration plans for all attorneys so that new attorneys easily feel at home and learn what makes us unique – and excel.
Wiley offers competitive compensation, with our starting associate salary at $215,000. Associates are expected to bill 1,950 hours.
At Wiley, we believe that every employee plays an important role in the firm’s success and we strive to provide you with a benefits program that rewards you for the hard work and dedication you put forth every day.
Wiley offers the following comprehensive Benefits Program to Attorneys and Professional Staff as an important component of your total compensation package:
- One Medical Paid Annual Membership for You and Your Family - Access to Comprehensive, Primary Medical Care and Health Benefits
- Medical and Prescription Drug Plan Coverage
- Dental Plan Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account with Annual Firm Contribution
- Pre-Tax Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Leave Benefits
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Attorneys and Professional Staff may Contribute up to the IRS Annual Maximum through Pre-Tax and/or Roth Payroll Deductions
- Professional Staff may Receive 8% Annual Firm Contribution after 2 Years of Service
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (10 Annually)
- Ergonomic, Sit/Stand Workspaces
- Annual Technology Allowance*
- Wellness Programs
- On-Site, Free, State of the Art, Fitness Facilities and Locker Rooms
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Individual Disability Insurance
- Flexible Work Arrangements*
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Subsidized Backup Child/Elder Care
*Attorneys and Professional Staff as Determined
The above list is a summary of the firm’s current employee benefits program. The firm reserves the right to modify or eliminate any of its benefits, plans, policies, procedures or practices at any time, as to present employees, future employees and/or retirees, generally or in individual cases, with or without advance notice.
If you have questions or need further information regarding the firm’s benefits program, please contact: Brenda McCauley, Director of Benefits at: firstname.lastname@example.org.