William is an associate in the firm’s Litigation group and represents corporate clients, trade associations, and individuals in a variety of complex litigation matters in state and federal court from the earliest stages through appeal.
Much of his work involves representing clients on matters relating to constitutional law, administrative law, and statutory and regulatory interpretation.
William also maintains a broad pro bono practice, which includes U.S. Supreme Court amicus briefing.
- Represents clients in trademark enforcement matters.
- Represents company and its principal in a complex discovery matter.
- Co-authored brief for trade association seeking federal appellate court panel rehearing.
- Co-authored federal appellate court amicus brief for client in a preemption challenge to a state rate regulation law.
- Represented client in an appellate court petition for review and U.S. Supreme Court emergency stay application challenging a wide-sweeping administrative regulation.
Law Clerk, Honorable Barbara Lagoa, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2020-2021)
Law Clerk, Honorable Michael T. Liburdi, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona (2019-2020)
- Intern, U.S. Department of Justice (2019)
- Intern, Office of the Solicitor General, Oklahoma Attorney General (2017)
- Law Clerk, Office of the Solicitor General, Texas Attorney General (2017)
- The Federalist Society
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., University of Central Oklahoma
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Barbara Lagoa, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2020-2021)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Michael T. Liburdi, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona (2019-2020)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Tenth, and District of Columbia Circuits
Related News & Insights
- AlertCopyright Fair Use Purpose and Character: SCOTUS Says Transformation Alone Isn’t EnoughDavid E. Weslow, William TurnerMay 19, 2023
- Press ReleaseSmall-Business and Self-Employment Advocates Turn to Wiley to Protect First Amendment Rights in Supreme Court Amicus BriefApril 11, 2023
- Media MentionThink Tanks Urge Justices To Review Calif. AB 5 TestLaw360April 11, 2023
- Press ReleaseBank Directors Turn to Wiley for Amicus Brief Urging Supreme Court Review of Banking Regulation CaseMarch 14, 2023