Meredith assists clients in a variety of telecommunications regulatory, transactional, litigation, and compliance matters. She has comprehensive transactional experience, having counseled clients through securing Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approval for transactions ranging from small license transfers to large communications mergers.
- Represents clients in transactional issues related to FCC licensees, including compliance with wireless attribution and control rules, and securing FCC approvals for acquisitions and transfers of control of authorizations.
- Researches and prepares FCC comments, pleadings, and other written submissions on a variety of issues affecting telecommunications clients.
- Advises clients on procedural and substantive issues affecting the communications industry, including spectrum, licensing, and compliance with FCC rules and other state regulatory obligations affecting telecommunications service providers.
- Represents companies with communications law disputes in state and federal courts. Recent successes include securing the invalidation of a major FCC order preempting state regulation of municipal broadband (State of Tennessee v. FCC (6th Cir.)).
- Provides guidance on public safety issues facing the wireless industry, including FirstNet, text-to-911, and Next Generation 911.
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable John M. Mott, Superior Court of the District of Columbia (2010)
- Dean's Fellow, American University Washington College of Law, Legal Research and Writing Department (2010-2011)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory of "Ones to Watch" for Communications Law and Technology Law (2022)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US in Telecom and Broadcast: Regulatory (2022)
- Named a "Legal Lion" by Law360’s Weekly Verdict Column (2016)
- Lura E. Turley Award for best student work published in the Law Review
J.D., summa cum laude, American University Washington College of Law; Order of the Coif
B.A., with high honors, University of Michigan
Note and Comment Editor, American University Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostGovernment Officials Evaluate Spectrum Management at NTIA’s Spectrum Policy SymposiumWiley ConnectMeredith G. Singer, Madeleine M. LottenbachSeptember 21, 2022
- Press Release54 Wiley Attorneys Recognized in 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®August 18, 2022
- AlertHigher-Frequency Communications: NTIA and FCC Sign New MOU on Spectrum CoordinationMeredith G. Singer, Sara M. BaxenbergAugust 3, 2022
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 52 Wiley Lawyers and Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 13, 2022